Sketchbook Thread of bumskee

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2007   #61
abyss103, thanks mate! yeah drawing from memeory kinda sucks coz sometimes you know something was there but can't remember it and often what you make up isn't quite true too.. yeah thanks!

vincent1, thanks! don't know those comics tho, heh

anandpg, thanks!

NR43, hahah there's plenty of things I can't draw, I actually can't draw much from what oyu see here. and HALF LIFE! woah that's a huge compliment, hehe thanks.

here's some snapping of my sketchbook.. I don't draw much except in cafes and just people nearby.. it's kinda relaxing for me so I just draw without thinking too much. Please excuse crappy quality, no scanner so.. yeah..

Not in any particular order I think... some of the better pages... two pages are with left hand.

Old 03 March 2007   #62
I feel like I am spamming my own thread, with multiple posts..hahah nice

Old 03 March 2007   #63
another parking lot..but this is kinda boring.. crappy values.. but it's closer to the real thing tho I think.

Been trying to draw straight colours without lines and stuff... funny I am doing this but seems logical in a way..

random face?

a chick attempt

I think I am due for an art slump.. hahah had a bad day drawing today.. nothing seemed to be working...:( kinda felt like below picture, maybe I need a holiday..

CHEERS! Min

Old 03 March 2007   #64
Bumskee, love your work. Always a pleasure. It's so inspiring how much you draw.
Keep it up and keep on posting cos it helps my motivation, and im sure plenty of others too.

I can feel the half life 2 thing, maybe cos you have that female figure with birds lingering, like a dream, just far enough away that you cant make out any details.

And that last one under the tree - its on my desktop. We're on the same wavelength today I feel. I pulled a muscle in my back at the gym yesterday and its a bit sore sitting infront of the comp today - that picture is exactly how I feel, and what i wish i could be doing right now!

Last edited by MatthewRodgers : 03 March 2007 at 02:55 AM.

Old 03 March 2007   #65
You may be tired of hearing this, but I cant help it: your painting rocks big time! I think you are right up there with the best of digital painters around!! thanks for the inspiration. btw... it would be nice to see some of your character drawings painted.

Old 03 March 2007   #66
Incredible! I really love your work, especially those short sketches!
And you are doing so much of them GREAT! (i feel ashamed:blush

Particularly he sketch with the many arms/hands is just: WOW!
Want to see more!

Old 03 March 2007   #67
awesome sketches! Love the last image with the character under the tree!

Old 04 April 2007   #68
Cavematty, I actually am going to do a small comic strip on that.. hehe put some more story behind it. thanks for the kind words! and hope you are feeling better mate!

anandpg, thanks! yeah I gotta work on colouring my characters, I can get away with b&w much easier.. tho colours are a little struggle. cheers,

BapKe, thanks mate!!

Intervain, glad you like it! cheers

Been a while I think.. was away for David Kassan's workshop. Which was so inpspiring for me.. feel like a new man!! not to mention a the brief meeting with James Jean at the semi conference in Sydney. he's so awsome and i admire his work ethics and dedication..

ok.. ermm
EOW "waterfall city" it's more of a tree in the sky. hahah

Chow "black queen" her head is soo unnatural.. :(

Some more cafe sketches.. tried out some watercolour pencils.

Old 04 April 2007   #69
sketch from the workshop week, i started doing these little character stuff.. u can see them develop from here, rod has one of the first initial idea page.. will work on them further and see where I go with it too.

Old 04 April 2007   #70
One of the things that really hit me was painting from life.. at the workshop.. I think it's definitely something I need to do more.. Funny I have a tablet laptop and never quite used it.. much.. so I decided to jump at it. Painted from life on my balcony at various times today... not long probably around 1~1.5hrs each. last one is my crappy stock mobile phone..

CHeers! Min

Old 04 April 2007   #71
that colourful tree is so cool! Love the queen too! great stuff!

Old 04 April 2007   #72
Great sketchbook, man! Wonderful enviros and some great figures as well! Keep going!

Old 04 April 2007   #73
hey min!

just thought i'd pop by and say -"man, i love watching those pencil sketches"... -so many great ideas coming to me when looking at them.

-r

Old 04 April 2007   #74
Hey again. Yeah you were a bit slim on the updates.
Love the waterfall city. Its beautiful. It doesnt look like colour is a battle to you, so it must be a battle you win
You're right. The black queens face is a bit man-ish. But I love your balcony studies. Especially the night time one. You captured the light especially well in that one. Nice work.

Kassan is great. I discovered his work on CA. Must've been good to have a workshop with a great painter like that. And do you do any traditional stuff? (other than the watercolor pencils ) I never noticed before that you were from Aussie. Shot mate. Its good to see talent represented from this corner of the world REPRESENT

BTW my back feels better now, but the guy under the tree is still on my desktop, and pics dont usually hang around on there too long! I find its mood more uplifting now than when I first saw it.

Keep posting, we're loving it woop!

Old 04 April 2007   #75
Intervain, thanks!

batte812, will do thanks!

abyss103, thanks so much for the mega compliment dude!

Cavematty, hey! yeah I try to update as much as I can.. not enough time to do my own thing I guess.. yeah I am at brisbane at the moment, working at krome studios.. you?

As for traditional stuff no, I don't do much.. I try to do as much pencil as possible whenever I am out.. even then I am so geared towards digital actually. thanks for dropping by!

small update.. bleh..

SMALL update.. feeling a little tired these days.. I think it's work work dragging at me.. or I am just feeling lazy.. heh..
sorry for the shocking quality..ermm my room is quite dim..

some half arsed chick drawings..

Thread Closed share thread