Sketchbook Thread of Frejasphere

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2006   #31
Thanks alot Frejasphere! Your hard at work as well I see
The colored paintings are magnificent! I love the fire/water-life/death piece, there is just so mutch colour O_O

Have to bookmark your sketchbook, as I didn't find it at first
But I recommend putting a link in your signature.

My Sketchbook

Come to say hello, please.

Old 08 August 2006   #32
Hi frejashere
Great heads. Really liking, Levels of Consciousness and Life Cycle but they're all really great Keep it up.

Mark

Old 08 August 2006   #33
At the risk of sounding like an idiot, I was wondering what conte (dont know how to add the accent) is? I really like your ink and I like the pastel and conte work alot I dont know why the pastel and conte apeals to me but I like it

Old 08 August 2006   #34
Hi....Frejasphere...

Just noticed those paintings....WOW....cheeky green my favorite...nice experiments in creating and expressing ....mood thru color....really kike the way you have devided, and at the same time unified the form using those colors in their purest state....very expressive, and a real pleasure to see....also really am liking your ink drawings on those head studies...strong linework.. ....Can't wait to see your experiments and expressions, when you delve into digital ....

TAKE CARE
Glenn

Old 08 August 2006   #35
Hey there Mark, thanks for stopping by and for kind uplifting words been busy painting all day, but as on canvas, need to take pics before I can post Hope all is well

AnOldFriend, thanks for popping in, and no, you don't sound like an idiot at all Best way to find out about anything is to ask questions. Conté is something in between charcoal and graphite (in terms of how it feels to use), it comes in different grades.
"In 1795 Nicholas-Jaques Conté developed a method that involved mixing powdered local graphite with clay, waxes and water, firing the mixture in a kiln and forcing it into wooden casings." - quote from Blick Art Materials Thanks too, for your comments - much appreciated

cheers all and take care
a.

Old 08 August 2006   #36
Hi Glenn

Wow! thank you for your comments *blushing* I love colour and see I have a friend in you there You are so right in that it's important to go with what feels right for you (as in bright colours - comment in your thread.. ) because if you go against it, it just won't be you... Then again, experimenting and pushing the boundaries is always healthy, so I guess it's about balance and chaos all in one happy go.. I guess the full chaos for me will be when I curiously delve into digital

take care and cheers
a.

Old 08 August 2006   #37
Quote:

I like this one, not for the content, but the thoughts it makes me think. The words tropical, holiday, fruit, fun, happiness come to mind, and I see that abstract is what this is all about.

But for crits, I would say placeing blue and red together can only hinder an image. Because its an abstract, most critiques aren't really valid, but colour choices do play a big role.

Sketchbook

Old 08 August 2006   #38
Frejasphere,

Wow, looks like I missed a lot here! Great to see the larger images of the heads, and it's also cool to see the variety of work that you've done. You certainly have a bold expressive style so far, and it will be interesting to see how that's affected by more and more study of the figure. Can't wait to see what's next!

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 08 August 2006   #39
Hi all

Thanks for your comments and nice to see you again Rebeccak I can't wait for the next project... this is so well timed and totally addictive I did some of the Sketchathon ones too but haven't got around to posting them -

Thanks for popping in Fl3wk comments and views are always welcome

got a few more heads.... couldn't keep away from them

Head no 63 - pen drawing on paper

Head no 68 - pen drawing on paper

cheers all
a.

Last edited by Frejasphere : 10 October 2006 at 10:15 AM.

Old 08 August 2006   #40
This is an edited post... I discovered the pain photobucket can put you through, so have re-organized my image hosting and am now back on track ...
the images in this post have been moved to the end of the thread.

cheers all
a.

Last edited by Frejasphere : 10 October 2006 at 10:20 AM.

Old 08 August 2006   #41
A few sketches of heads and some from imagination

I guess this one would have to go down as a "fan-head" Soccer fan... doodled
this during world cup-even though this player wasn't in the Argentine team this WC..

pen on paper

Dragonwings - pen on paper from "doodelania" (quote from demented that sort of fits)

some more dragons on paper

cheers all and take care
a.

Last edited by Frejasphere : 10 October 2006 at 10:22 AM.

Old 08 August 2006   #42
Frejasphere....WOW...

GREAT ink drawings .....realy really like the way you use color...very striking and pleasing to my eyes...
Also like those dragons....would be great to see a big one done with that colorful imagination of yours... .....GREAT UPDATES....can't wait to see more..

TAKE CARE
Glenn

Old 08 August 2006   #43
Thanks Glenn

Your comments certainly put a happy smile on my face - thank you for popping in
and a big colourful dragon would be fun
Take care
a.

Old 08 August 2006   #44
hi frejasphere, great to see your work, very interesting style you have, with lovely use of bold, strong colours, really works on your ceramics especially which are great.....also loved Noey....

kris

Old 08 August 2006   #45
~V is for "Vat hef I missed?"~

Hey Frejasphere!

man, i need to get here more often - great progress! Love the bold way you use your colours - very exciting - it puts some zest and energy into the painting. Your pen is also looking great, looks like you are approaching them in a very fearless manner - keep at that! Something you might want to try with the pen is to draw without picking it up, or picking it up as little as possible. This tends to take any hairyness away and seems to add some more enrgy to the drawing.

The drawing of the woman with her face on the ground - great idea, think you could have enforced the idea some more, maybe exaggerated the way her nose and cheeks and lips press against the floor, have some of the hair drop to the surface. But very impressive overall - post more!

ciao!

- d.

ca.org sketchbook thread
cgs sketchbook

Thread Closed share thread