Sketchbook Thread of Krispee

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2009
Hey Chris! Brilliant stuff, dude!! Have a great year!

01 January 2009
HEY Krispee...HAPPY NEW YEAR..

Nice to have you back in this forum...just went through your thread, again...really enjoyed the journy..again..
Your making me want to go out and buy some clay...LOL..Been a few years since I have done any real life sculpting..I used to really love it...can't beat that hands on feeling that is missing in digital...Will have to just go out and buy myself some tomarrow..the more I think about it..THANKS for the inspiration..Krispee..
Looking forward to seeing lots more of your work..
TAKE CARE
Glenn

01 January 2009
YEP Happy New Year and more sculptures please Cheers

01 January 2009
cheers, Magdela, and, Glenn, it is so much fun, getting your hands dirty and feeling like you are closer to your art, in a way......and clay is so inexpensive, 25kg bag is only around 6 over here.....
definitely post more sculptures, starting another very soon, maybe over the weekend, i may even have a go at Sculpey.
anyway, posting some Frazetta studies i did a short while ago, really love that guys work.

cheers
kris

01 January 2009
some new sculpts......

and a concept character in Sculpey....

neck and shoulders need a little work yet, and then it will need firing......

kris

01 January 2009
Hi there Krispee, just stopped by to read your thread. Wow, all of your work looks great! I like those doodles very much! They make me smile! Looking forward to your next posts!

my website

01 January 2009
cheers, yarabe....
a new painting i`m working on, oil on canvas, 40 x 20 by 7.5 cm deep....

kris

01 January 2009
The ear is great! I even like that sort of mixed media feel it has to it with the backing showing through.

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

01 January 2009
cheers, Rebecca, guess it does have that sort of look to it, although at the rate it is cracking there may not be anything left of it soon lol

kris

01 January 2009
Woow, I love those studies after Frazetta!! Been doing some after him myself, still am at the moment, haha, will post soon. I have two of his books. Must say, definitely worth the money, even if you could find most of his work on the net it's crap in quality, unlike in the books, it's awesome in there. Just gotta get my hands on some prints of his work and decorate the room with death dealers!!
Nice sculpts also. Sort of the stuff I'm more used to seeing done out of polygons, not sculpey or clay. I like the ear in particular.
Give us more!!

01 January 2009
cheers, Razz, haven`t got any books by Frazetta, would love to though, bet the quality of the paintings is great, maybe on my wishlist lol....am getting the Massive Black volume 1 artbook, that looks cool......
guess there are so many more people out there doing 3d modelling [especially zbrush] rather than the conventional stuff but i am loving getting my hands dirty with the clay and the sculpey, mind you sculpey is weird stuff to work with.....i used to do a lot of 3d stuff using truespace and bryce and 3d studio, nothing for a long time now though.....

kris

01 January 2009
woah Chris awesome stuff - the sculpts are really great and I love your Frazetta studies Keep rocking!

01 January 2009
hi, beautiful thread - and beautiful drawings!
a.

01 January 2009
Hi Alenah
thanks for comments, very kind.....

kris

Thread Closed share thread