Sketchbook Thread of Krispee

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2006
Aah, everyone's going to a life drawing course! I want to go too!
Looking forward what more will you show. Great seeing you here again

11 November 2006
thanks NR43 and Razz, nice to be back......it`s really been fun to get back to life drawing, and it does really sharpen up your drawing skills....it`s scary at first but good fun....

krispee

11 November 2006
Hi krispee,

Good to have you back! Since you're getting back into life drawing, you should take a look at this great thread which I think you'll enjoy:

Sketchbook of AztcFireflower_Figurative 'n' other Stuff
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=423957

Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

11 November 2006
rebecca: well, yes, thanks for the link, that`s excellent work isn`t it, love the use of charcoal....i`m just getting back into that medium with my last session so will post that soon, and he is fortunate enough to get a bit more time if he wants longer studies, we only get the 2 hours and then that`s split up into usually 2 x 20/25 mins and 1 x 45/55 mins, give or take......but that`s still really great and very useful, i can still do some good studies so no complaints.....

krispee

11 November 2006
so, 2 charcoal studies and 1 very interesting ink study....black ink painted with a thin strip of wood, first time for everything lol

krispee

11 November 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

01 January 2009
Sketchbook Thread Of Krispee

Ok, my other anatomy thread was closed due to inactivity, with just cause i admit lol, i was rather absent
so, starting another thread for various works [i know this forum is mostly for digital works but was hoping you guys wouldn`t mind me posting my oils and sculptures], in the hope that i can persuade myself to keep it up for once

so, here we go:
couple of painter digital paintings.....

an oil painting....

and a couple more digi`s, first one a quickie the second for all those lovers of firefly and Serenity a montage study of the girls from Joss Whedon`s masterpiece....

ok, that`s all folks, hope you guys will indulge my eccentric tastes

Kris

01 January 2009
Nice to see you back! If you want, I can merge your two threads, the thread closing thing happens automatically after a year, but if you want I can combine the two into a thread that will be chronological. Up to you.

Great stuff, love that top piece especially!

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

01 January 2009
thanks, Rebecca, actually that`s a great idea, was looking to edit my details to alter that anatomy link, as it wasn`t pointing to anything important anymore, but merging will help, that`s awesome.....
is it ok to post my sculpting work here as well?

kris

01 January 2009
Hey kris,

Your threads are now merged as one into your older SB - whatever you want to post is great!

-R

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

01 January 2009
ok, some pics of a new project, a clay bust, around 15 inches high, no reference except for some anatomy ref. from Jeno Barcsay, mostly from imagination.....

sorry about the quality of the pictures.....also noticed some little things that need some attention, corners of the mouth, the bags under the eyes aren`t quite right, couple of areas around the neck, sternomastoid and collar bone need attentiion i think a little....
anyway, comments welcome.....hoping when i`m finished that i will be able to post this on the main part of the forum as well......

kris

Last edited by krispee : 01 January 2009 at 05:00 PM.

01 January 2009
Dude, post all your traditional pieces if you like!
Traditional media are encouraged here as much as digital media

I like the sculpture.
The chin seems a bit short (profile view) and the neck a bit thin (frontal view).

01 January 2009
Oh my Joss, it's Wash! And the Serenifly girls!! Ok... restraining my fangirliness Great job on capturing their likenesses - the girls all look quite worried/afraid.

The bust looks like it's comming along well. I wanna play with clay now - it looks like fun. Welcome back!

01 January 2009
thanks, NR43 and Aviva, i love Serenity and Firefly
you know what i think is wrong with the bust, the mouth is too low, not a lot but just a tad, the distance from the nose to the chin is equi distant with the top of the head and the nose etc etc, but that would mean that the mouth is a little too low, to be honest i may leave that bit alone as it is only a practice, not even going to fire it....i`m with you on the neck, it is a little thin, but changing that would mean adding to the back of the head as well so i may keep that in mind for the next head......
you must have a go, it is enormous fun and you get to see real things in real 3d, really helps your work.....

kris

Thread Closed share thread