Sketchbook Thread of Krispee

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2006   #16
razz: thanks for coming over and looking at my work, i have an eclectic sense of style, i like rather odd things i guess lol, perhaps that`s why i like drawing these strange characters.....but i do need to get better at working like that in colour, lots to learn yet, so much more......and it`s also nice to learn with others doing Rebecca`s 50 head study and OFDW studies, that`s been great, and you get to meet other artists as well.......

anyway i`m doing this digital painting of a friend of mine who lives in Hong Kong......i`ll post all the wip`s just in case anyone`s interested.....

long way to go yet.....

anyway, nice to meet you, Razz.....enjoyed looking through your work....

kris

Old 07 July 2006   #17
Smile

krispee,

It's great to hear about your background, and I chuckled at the 'multipronged attack' bit ~ indeed it's important to develop your artistic skills on multiple fronts at once, there's just not enough time to refine each area to perfection before moving on ~ so it's great to see you exploring multiple avenues simultaneously.

The main thing that will help you on all fronts in figure drawing ~ do you have access at all to live model workshops in your area? A lot of community colleges tend to have relatively inexpensive ongoing figure drawing sessions. I definitely encourage you to check out your local area to see if any are available.

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 07 July 2006   #18
nest wip...managed a little more work....

rebecca: i`ve done some figure drawing with live models, but there isn`t a great deal around in this area, not close by anyway, and as i live a little out in the country that`s important.......having joined a nearby town art society i`m hoping that it may lead to doing more figure drawing in the future, hoping to make some contacts etc, maybe in the autumn......it`s something i do need to do i agree, just haven`t had the opportunity for a year or 2.....

kris

Old 07 July 2006   #19
Hi Krispee

great collection of work you got here
keep it up.

Mark

ps. loved the doodles

Old 07 July 2006   #20
kris,

I totally understand ~ I haven't done life drawing for quite a while myself.

Looks like your painting is going well so far ~ will be great to see how it develops.

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 07 July 2006   #21
Hey Chris!

I've remembered to see your work already in the OFDWs, so I expected nothing less than good...and I'm not disappointed, really good work you've made here...especially some of the sculptures are great !
But your doodles are a real surprise for me...looove them , simple, convincing and soo adorable ...
Hope to see more soon!

Have a nice day!

-sabrina

Old 07 July 2006   #22
ok, another wip update....

cheers fatebringer, rebecca, and sabrina....here are some doodles just for good measure.....

kris

Old 07 July 2006   #23
Cool stuff in here. The head are coming along great and the sketches are really funny - in a good way : )

iO gallery artists
Michael Whelan | Olivia | Julie Bell | Se7en

Old 07 July 2006   #24
Morning Chris!

Just stopping here to say it again: these doodles are great, I really enjoy ...
Keep posting!

Cheers,

-sabrina

Old 07 July 2006   #25
~dead bone drop by~

Hey Chris

thanx for the kind words in my sb.

You wip is coming along nicely - like the colours you've decided to use; and the doodles are very imaginative - remind me of Tim Burton's stop-motion works. Great peronalities, well represented.

keep 'em coming man
ciao

- d.

ca.org sketchbook thread
cgs sketchbook

Old 07 July 2006   #26
You really know how to use a pencil. I like the way your sketches look, good use of darker and lighter lines. Funny and with a great style. But I like the face which is more realistic the most. You know, I'm more into that side The painting is coming along nicely. Great job!

Old 07 July 2006   #27
Your WIP is delveloping very nicely. I like it!

Old 08 August 2006   #28
ok, just a quick update on the WIP......

will try and get to post some other stuff and answer things and such soon....

kris

Old 08 August 2006   #29
This has come along very nicely, and you have captured the light extremely well..nice going Kris.

My Website
My Anatomy Thread @ CGTalk

Old 08 August 2006   #30
cheers, Mark, i`m going to call it quits at this stage, someone over at A&A mentioned keeping the background loose and girl tight i`m going to do just that.....

kris

Thread Closed share thread