Sketchbook Thread of INTERVAIN - 2D/3D

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2006   #61
Intervain,

It's great to see your accomplishments on both the 2D and 3D fronts! Your last 2D mastercopy has amazing qualities and promise, and it would be great to see you incorporate the various old master's styles into your own personal 2D work. I think the best 2D work has a personal theme to it and something that reveals the personality of the artist. It might be nice to see a self portrait or a portrait of a loved one, or even of a cherished pet ~ and to branch off from that, personal narratives and images that involve a story. It's great to have you as a part of the forum, and I look forward to seeing your continued progress here!

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 07 July 2006   #62
love the 3d model the most
very nice
Thanks for sharing !

Old 07 July 2006   #63
Thanks Rebeccak - yeah I wish I had some constructive ideas for my own 2d pieces - must do some thinking

LATROMMI-SUINEG thanks for stopping by

Old 07 July 2006   #64
WOW ! this is sweet
do you still insist on that stupid "I'm not an artist" thing !!
cause heck ! you sure are one magda.. my ego would be dancing polka by now if I were you

--

Old 07 July 2006   #65
well thank you very much I'm sure - but I still insist! Glad you like though!

ok, I've been trying a simpler way of doing eyeballs than I've been using so far - without too much layering of geometry just 1 sphere and one little extracted piece of a sphere ... I think it's working fine... it's all in the HDRI LOL
btw. there's no bump but it would be a good idea on the outside layer...

Last edited by Intervain : 07 July 2006 at 11:23 PM.

Old 07 July 2006   #66
trying to actually paint something in Painter for the first time - so far I've been only smudging with brushes and getting angry LOL ... this is only a dry artist brush... lots and lots of dubbing... decided to cram as much colour in there as possible [blues, purples, pinks etc..]

roughly 1,5 hrs

Old 07 July 2006   #67
another study of eyes - this time children's eyes... and back to PS yay!

Old 07 July 2006   #68
~from my point of view~

Those eyestudies rock! Really convincing, believable - could not have asked for better colours! Eyes are very powerful aspects of the face - immediately draw attention - these studies show a really good understanding of the eye! Liking everything else here a lot too - but those eyes are killer!

great work!
ciao

- d.

ca.org sketchbook thread
cgs sketchbook

Old 07 July 2006   #69
It amazes me how you can create those 3d models from the one image references.

Those last eye studies are awsome!

Old 07 July 2006   #70
-petrified-

The left eye is just staring at me!!!

Greatness! =D

Anatomy Thread of BNN

Old 07 July 2006   #71
Killer eyes, agreed with Demented! I can't stop looking at the left eye. So well painted. The reflection in that eye is just awesome.

Try different brushes with painted. Because you technique changes pretty much if you use one brush or another. Experiment with them. In fact, it's great to use both, ps and painter, because one tool does better things than the other and you can use that to help yourself.

The 3d eyes look great too, I'd like to see them stuck in some face

Old 07 July 2006   #72
thanks for the kind comments everyone!

demented - wow! thank you so much - to me these eyes show that the main thing I need to learn is patience - once I've spent 2 hours on an eye it immediately starts to look like something, but most of the time I'm just too impatient and I want great results after preferably an hour LOL I should learn to save my 2d stuff and go back to it later like I do with 3d... I just haven't crossed that border yet...

razz - hehe yeah... I'm trying those brushes ... they really require some steel nerves *g*

Old 07 July 2006   #73
I'm keeping an eye on your thread (haha, there I go with the puns again...). Those 3D eyes are great - a little bloodshot, like the morning after a bloody mary binge, but really great. The 2D eyes are very striking. The irises are rendered quite well. About the only crit I could give on them is the eyelashes and the lachrymal caruncle (the little fleshy pink corner thing) - particularly on the right eye - could use a little work. eyelashes are difficult, though, because they swoop down a touch, then up. I think you're doing great in your paintings - keep going, you're getting better and better. I absolutely adore this thread.

Old 07 July 2006   #74
LOL the 3d eyes are very bloodshot actually quite right!

I totally agree about the lashes - very hard to do and I was loosing patience on them *g* you are right I should work harder on those...

I'm glad you like my trials so here's one more quicky I did today ... not based on any painting ... just getting carried away and having fun...
in general I think 2d is fun again - after around 10 years of not painting at all - thanks for that guys!

hee - her eyes are off...

Last edited by Intervain : 07 July 2006 at 10:58 PM.

Old 07 July 2006   #75
Now I have the opportunity to return the compliment.

Beautiful, beautiful work, Intervain...wonderful meshes and you have some great studies in your 2D work.

I look forward to seeing much more.

Cris

Thread Closed share thread