Sketchbook Thread of INTERVAIN - 2D/3D

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2006
a real quicky done today in less than 7 hours but let's call it 7... I think it shows she's a quick model but I just dont' feel like working on her any more

she's way too cute... the original wasn't so sweet looking

07 July 2006
phew, another attempt at 2d... I've started him over many times

07 July 2006
Wow a year from not being able to do heads, to the incredible turnover you're able to do now -- incredible Lovely stuff, very glad you've started a thread it'll be a pleasure to see your stuff

07 July 2006
Kary thanks very much I'm glad you like those!

well here are two more attempts at 2d - I suffer every time LOL but I'm also learning so much thanks to everyone here

07 July 2006
Hi Intervain,

I do hope you continue modelling your wonderful 3D heads, because they really sort of are like an advertisement for 3D technology. They look so elaborate and, well, not technical... hard to put it into words for me, because I am not a 3D expert, but I sometimes dont like 3D models for their apparent technical sterility and that is not the case with your work...

*falls back to teenage-chat-style*
like, totally, man, know what I'm sayin?

Meh!

hop I got my point across...

07 July 2006
~natural~

Hey Intervain

agreeing with Mu nya. Your stuff feels alot more organic and natural Your making great progress with the 2d stuff, last one is looking really good and really promising. Keep at it!

ciao

- d.

ca.org sketchbook thread
cgs sketchbook

07 July 2006
Smile

Intervain,

Your 3D work is really amazing, and your 2D progressing really nicely! It's great to see your progress and enthusiasm here.

Only area on the last 3D sculpt that I can find fault with anatomically is the ear, where the edges seem a bit sharp and the form a bit misshapen. However the subtleties of the planes of the face are beautiful, would love to see the head without the hair. Keep up the great work!

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

07 July 2006
Mu, demented - thanks so much for that I'm trying hard for my models to be as organic and lifelike as posibble - I'm glad I'm getting there

Rebecca - thanks, I completely agree about the ear - it was quickly done and I didn't feel like working on it any more, maybe I should... I feel I can do something with that model because I love her cute face now I think I'll bring it to the 'next level'

07 July 2006
And yet another attempt at 2d ... I can say I'm definitely learning a lot while doing these heads... there's hope

07 July 2006
Intervain,

I would say there is definitely hope ~ this last piece is looking awesome! Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

07 July 2006
Thanks a ton Rebecca for all the encouragement

Here's another 3d head, yay!

07 July 2006
Wow, Intervain, great anatomy thread! I really admire your 3D work and your 2D work, as well. The only thing that caught my eye was the hair on the Durer piece and the Fragonard, as I prefer the look and feel of the more sculptured hair in your other pieces. Wonderful thread, thank you for sharing your work.

07 July 2006
Intervain,

Wow, not hard to be encouraging when you see work of this quality ~ wow! Really good looking model, I can recognize the original immediately, you really seem to have hit the proportions on the head with this one. Stunning work!

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

07 July 2006
Hey Magdalena,

WOW, some wonderful 3d heads here around, great stuff . You capture the references perfectly and bring them to life even without textures!
Originally Posted by Intervain: ... especially that a year ago I couldn't even model a head.
... that's even more stunning and if you improve the same way with your 2d work (not bad at all btw ), you'll soon blow us all away. Definitely looking forward to see more of your work!

Cheers!

-sabrina

07 July 2006
I was always wondering how can people model a head with having only one picture as a ref. And that ref ir nor front nor side view. I've tried that pretty long time ago and didn't succeed. Since then I ALWAYS use front and side refs

But that's not a problem for you I see. Keep it up!

Thread Closed share thread