Sketchbook Thread Of Ha-dou-ken - 2D/3D

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2006   #31
Hi....Isaias.... "WOW".....Now that's some fine painting.....very impressive...has everything...hard soft edges,
strong rich color, depth, wieght, and style....BEAUTIFUL JOB ....
CAN'T WAIT TO SEE MORE FROM YOU...

TAKE CARE
Glenn

Old 10 October 2006   #32
Extremely embarassing haha. Um, thanky. I tried really hard! thank you so much for the kind words. Infinitely...

Old 10 October 2006   #33
Beautful works! Keep it up!

DiM's Sketchbook
azamandius.livejournal.com

Old 10 October 2006   #34
I cleaned up my last one a bit.

Last edited by ha-dou-ken : 01 January 2007 at 04:17 PM.

Old 10 October 2006   #35
ha-dou-ken,

Some gorgeous work going on here - thanks for the inspiration!

Cheers,

-Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 10 October 2006   #36
Hi...Isaias...

It is a good idea to save versions of the painting, when you get towards the end of it.
Can't begin to tell you how many paintings that I have overcooked, trying to reach for perfection in the painting... ...LOL..
The nice thing about digital, is it allows and affords you the opportunity to save, and then
experiment further, which is a great way and method to learn...
If you look at your last few versions after a couple of weeks with fresh eyes, you can usually see right off, where and how the line was crossed into the overcooked state...
Just thought that I would throw that information at you,..just in case you weren't aware of it.
If you are aware of it, then disregard what I just said....might help someone who's not though.
Keep up the GREAT work..

TAKE CARE
Glenn

Old 10 October 2006   #37
lol, thanks spiritdreamer. I curse digital for that very reason. Discipline! I can't continiue forever on the same pieces forever. I already see so many errors with my previous works...hindsight is 20/20 and all. Thank goodness for the inventor of the save function though lol...or curse him? Ha!

Old 10 October 2006   #38
really like that painting - crazey colours

I'm with you on saving Isaias - I not only paint with no layers whatsoever but I delete the file as soon as the image's up on the web LOL - so I cannot do anything to correct it... it's hard to train oneself to do that but goot tip there Glenn

Old 10 October 2006   #39
Hi....Isaias.....LOL.... .......It's all good....there's a yen and yang to everything..learning from it is what counts the most in the end ...
TAKE CARE
Glenn

Old 10 October 2006   #40
lol, so , so true, THANKS intervain! You rock!

Old 10 October 2006   #41
Another piece(of crap)

Old 10 October 2006   #42
Nice to see crap like this, Hadouken Great skintones. One little crit I have is about the baby's hand. Even though I'm not sure I'm correct I think they're more fat. It could be more chubbier. You know, they're all fat when born. But I especially like the skintones on it. Great looking.

Do you paint traditionaly?

Old 10 October 2006   #43
Heh heh, thanks Razz. I know the fingers are too long and look more like a young girl than a new born infant right? That's why I said it sucks. I was on it for about 5 hours and still havne't slept through the night(it's 10:30 am here now, EEK!)I got tired of fiddling with it. Youa re absolutely right though. more fat, less length. Maybe I'll go back and fix it when I wake up. Thanks for looking. I'll get some more up tonight heh.

I don't paint traditionally unfortunately. I wish. I jsut recieved some pencils and pastels as a gift and have yet to try them out. Just scared I guess. I know, poppycock. Everything I learned is form the internet and trolling observantly in life.

Last edited by ha-dou-ken : 10 October 2006 at 03:43 PM.

Old 10 October 2006   #44
Hi...Isaias....

BEAUTIFUL and GREAT concept for a painting..One of those pictures that is worth a thousand words...
If you were to to change it at all, I think that if you just shortened the two middle fingers,
by getting rid of the last digits on them, and then putting the fingernails where they end, and reposition the knuckles....you will have the right proportions....just my quess though..
GREAT JOB ON THE RENDERING by the way...really like the colors, and the way you painted it...
TAKE CARE
Glenn

Old 10 October 2006   #45
I think it's better? the fingers are a little better at least. MOVING ON!!!

Last edited by ha-dou-ken : 02 February 2007 at 12:04 PM.

Thread Closed share thread