Sketchbook Thread Of Ha-dou-ken - 2D/3D

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2006   #16
ha-dou-ken,

That's really a gorgeous piece - keep up the excellent work!

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 09 September 2006   #17
Thanks Rebeccak. That means a lot coming from you. I'll get more more out soon.

Last edited by ha-dou-ken : 09 September 2006 at 09:08 AM.

Old 09 September 2006   #18
torso challenge #102

Old 09 September 2006   #19

Old 10 October 2006   #20
Practice, practice, practice...

...and more practice.

Last edited by ha-dou-ken : 10 October 2006 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Comparison

Old 10 October 2006   #21
Impressive work, Isaias. Really like the last practise, and not because it's a naked girl I'd love to see some more work on that piece, because there would be some really awesome deep perspective going on there. Just play with the tones. Make the areas that are further away with less contrast. The areas that are closer to us more contrasty and with some hotter, darker colors. This will help create an illusion of depth. Atmospheric perspective, eh!!

Keep up the great work

Old 10 October 2006   #22
Thanks RAZZ!!!

I would have never thought of that on my own. I'll try and finish it up at lunch. I love your work BTW, big fan!

Thanks again, stay tuned haha.

Old 10 October 2006   #23
I tried to do waht Razz advised. I really like the idea...just don't know if I can pull it off. Here's a preliminary attempt. also fixed a lot of things. Hand's scare me...*gulp*

Old 10 October 2006   #24
Hi...Isaias...
Just popping in to say that I am enjoying your thread. Like your technique on that first head in your thread, and also the photo realism in your last piece...you might try experimenting with a
background color, before you put your model onto the canvas...a color that will harmonize with
the colors of your model. For a dark background, you might try a deep, almost black purple..
will really set the golds off in your skin tones...you can bring some of that background purple into the figure in the shadow areas also ...makes a great looking effect..purple and gold.
If hands are a problem for you, I highly recommend ..DRAWING DYNAMIC HANDS by Burne Hogarth...can get it thru Amazon .com....GREAT book...he has a highly stylized manner of drawing, but teaches the basic funtion and forms of anatomy as no one else can...All of his books are great, and for sure worth having for any serious student or seasoned pro of anatomy...
Really looking forward to seeing more of your work..
TAKE CARE
Glenn

Old 10 October 2006   #25
Really pushed that girly further in a great way! Congrats I like the expression. If you plan to keep working on her, some things I recommend to fix: the eyes are different from one another in shape. And the contour edges are too soft I think. Also I have a strange feel about the lighting. Is it the flash from the photo-camera?

Add a simple bg and enjoy the great study you've just made

If you plan not to work on her more, I'm looking forward to the other studies you're going to do! And of course some imaginational work would be just great.

Old 10 October 2006   #26
Hi there
Saw you popping up here and there so I thought I'd take a look at your sketchbook thread. Really nice work you got here... that nude is lovely, very expressive.
Those torso studies are very good as well, especially that crouching boy

I'd love to see more work here - if you keep posting this kind of stuff you'll have a kickass thread in no time

Old 10 October 2006   #27
Red face Humans!

Thank you everyone for the generous and very inspirational replies. You guys are the cream of the crop, so it is extra special for me since I see all of you in the anatomy
studies.

Glenn: Thank you so much for the direction and kind words. I need a BG. Soo badly. The colors you recommended are lovely in my head...i wonder if I can convey that on here....I'm going to try and experiment with some texture brushes for the BG, as I see some people have had great results with that method.Oh yeah, and it will be purple
I have my eye on that book you recommended as well. I need it!

Razz: You rock more than sedimentary friend, thank you! I will paint more right now as I'm off to the bookstore. I am not content with the lighting. Her face looks more painterly than the rest of the body and it almost looks like two different styles. I think I need more darker edged around the face to bring out depth. I think her face looks too flat and doesn't have enough contrast...maybe? Keep an eye out though, I will have more soon.

Johan: Hi! Thank you for taking a peek in my humble thread, I really appreciate it. I loved your torsos as well and heads. Great work! I plan to have a kick ass thread eventually, hopefully the internet will still be around by then!

Thanks again everyone, I really take to heart all of the great advice you hand out. More soon!...

Last edited by ha-dou-ken : 10 October 2006 at 06:16 AM.

Old 10 October 2006   #28
Another quickie in light study

Old 10 October 2006   #29
New brush...

I tried a new brush just to mix things up...eeh. Bad idea. i need more experience with it. ANyways, It's torso 13 in the torso workshop.

Last edited by ha-dou-ken : 02 February 2007 at 12:05 PM.

Old 10 October 2006   #30

Thread Closed share thread