Sketchbook Thread of Agostinuke

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2008   #61
Originally Posted by Agostinuke: I read Rebekka's workshop, that I missed, on 3D and movement and I thought it would have been nice to try that...

Oops I forgot it was Intervain's ws. Sorry Magdalena

Old 02 February 2008   #62
Hi Agostinuke.
Looking pretty good .
Are you already arranging your zspheres in a pose and then going straight to sculpt? I ask this because it looks like you are having to guess where every limb starts and stops. That way you get strange twists and bends in your limbs. Muscles are flexible bones arnt. What is way quicker is to build your zspheres in a neutral pose that is symetrical (you can use symmetry while pulling out zspheres), do your basic sculpt using symetry (much less work) and then using masking pose the model. Then you can start with saging and stretching and build in a little artistic assymetry. That way you dont have to guess everything. Also if you are going into hi detail for a finished sculpt its best to retopologize your figure before you pose it. That way you max your edgeloops.

Follow this
http://www.zbrush.info/docs/index.p...sson_birth1.jpg

Cheerio Chris

Old 02 February 2008   #63
Hi Chris, Thank you for the good advice. Yes I have to do a lot more studies on general anatomy and how muscles/bones changes, bend, rotate, join etc. Anyway for this last study I started from a simple generic femal low poly shape posed as a "T" that kindly Anand suggested me to use to go faster on the real modelling (look at a couple of posts above). I sculpted it a little, then I posed it using masking/transposing, then continusly switched between topological symmetry and...asymmetry... I'll go back now to try the new software mudbox I downloaded as trial...See you later

Old 04 April 2008   #64
Hand n.01 - David Michelangelo

Hi
This is Rebecca's Hand workshop
and the following is my first study:

Old 04 April 2008   #65
Hi...Agostino..

Just popping in to say..GREA JOB ON THAT HAND..
I need to get back to Z BRUSH myself, before I forget how it works..LOL
I went throught your thread just now,..WOW..some really nice studies in here....You capture moods and expressions really well in your painting studies...I'm sure that that will show up in your Z BRUSHING ALSO
ANYWAY...REALLY ENJOYING YOUR THREAD..KEEP UP THE GREAT PROGRESS..
TAKE CARE
Glenn

Old 04 April 2008   #66
Thanks a lot Glenn! You already know that I consider your sketchbook so inspiring...your continual experimentation...how you always try to capture the aura of stuffs through a passionate use of light and matter..and the way you expose your thoughts also through words...well, it's great.

__________________________________________________ ____________________

Collecting here the last 3D sketches I posted on the Hands workshop...

I don't remember what I wanted to say. Well, next time maybe.

Old 04 April 2008   #67
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread