Anatomy Thread of razz - 2D/3D

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2006   #46
Rebeccak, thank you. I will try to push it further, your words just make me do it Thanks for the tip on the drawing, will note that in the future studies.

Womball, this art school is just an art school. I go there after lessons just to push my drawing skills a bit I didn't even finish school yet, 3 years to go, only then I'll try to enter an academy of arts or something like that. Thanks for dropping by.

Some studies from Burne Hogarth's works. I think it would be better to do them with a softer pencil, but that's just not me, I like my 2H one. These sketches are very fast, so the shading doesn't show the form well. But ahh, I just wanted a quick study, and that's what it is.

Old 06 June 2006   #47
Hey Razz, some awesome stuff in this thread, really like the Raphael study, and those new studies are great, congrats man, you are in the right way to become in a great artist.

Old 06 June 2006   #48
4 stars!
great thread!

Old 06 June 2006   #49
DigitalSol, thanks, really makes me happy to hear it

Cyanid, oh yeah, I hope to keep it that way, or better of course

Today I saw a great book in the library, will go to buy it someday. I was looking for a book with master drawings, but found nothing interesting. The images were very little in the books I've found. But then "Anatomy for the artists" cought my eye Whee!! So, I'm hoping to finish today the visualisation I'm doing and get back to studying anatomy. Now for a little time I'll be learning from Vilppu Will show some sketches tomorrow if I'll have time.

raz

Old 06 June 2006   #50
Hey razz, I really like your work! Very dynamic... and the shading is so clean. Gotta get some inspiration from you!

Old 06 June 2006   #51
William, thanks man I'm always happy to hear it!

Here's some new stuff. Studies from Vilppu while watching his videos. Upper and lower arm anatomy:

Old 06 June 2006   #52
Moving further. Studies from Vilppu again. Upper torso.

Old 06 June 2006   #53
Hiya razz!

Just got back into town, and am thrilled to see your new work! The Vilppu studies are looking fantastic! Great to see you continuing with your studies.

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 06 June 2006   #54
Heey, welcome back, Rebeccak. I was wondering where have you gone Thanks for the comment. As always, happy to hear it and you know it keeps me moving further.

So, new studies from Vilppu:

Last edited by razz : 06 June 2006 at 05:19 PM.

Old 06 June 2006   #55
Hey Razz great post, I relly like the way you deconstruct the body, I think you do that for a better understatement of it, isn't it?, great studies, BTW did you use any reference or they are from your imagination, in both cases they are great, keep posting

Last edited by DigitalSol : 06 June 2006 at 09:46 PM.

Old 06 June 2006   #56
Thumbs up

razz,

Awesome! You're really starting to talk my language, and it's fantastic to see this work.

Which DVD btw are you working from? I am definitely going to have to break down and buy these. Vilppu's influence was really felt at the art school I attended, but I never had his classes. It's great to see it's possible to learn his methodology straight from the master himself.

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 06 June 2006   #57
Didn't anyone see that I've posted same image twice? Ahh, well, nevermind, corrected that.

DigitalSol, thank you. They are not from my imagination as I don't feel confident enough to draw human figure from imagination. They're drawn while watching Vilppu's DVDs. You know, I watch the video and draw at the same time, without pausing it. It's because I'm pretty slow at drawing and it helps me get a little faster =] And yes, these are done to understand the human figure as best as I can. I'm still learning anatomy, memorising it.

Thanks, Rebecca. The DVDs I've watched already are "upper arm anatomy", "lower arm anatomy", "upper torso anatomy" and "pelvis anatomy". The images I've posted at the start of this thread were drawn from "box forms", "cylindrical forms", "spherical forms" and "combining box and cylindrycal forms" if i'm not wrong. Always when I watch his DVD I remember drawings that you've done. The approach is similar. I think Vilppu's DVDs are one of the best resources to learn to draw the human figure. That man is a master!!

I hope more sketches to come soon. Today I've walked all over my city but i couldn't find no sketchbooks I wanted!! So I had to buy an uncomfortable one...It's good that the one I'm drawing at is not coming to an end =]

Old 06 June 2006   #58
These are really good studies! This is what art colleges seem to look for when you try to apply there. Also a hint, don't point out your mistakes, especially in a finished piece. Only do this if you really need to know how to do something.There is always the chance that you will be only person who notices it. I have lowered my grade by making this error.

Old 06 June 2006   #59
Womball, actually I've done similar kind of mistake when i was doing speech presenting my graduation dissertation. But my mark wasn't lowered for that. In fact it wasn't a mistake. When they asked me if I wan't the work to look like this I told that I didn't have enough time for that work, so they might kind of thought that it's unfinished or something. But then I corrected myself that I wanted it to look like that. Yeah, everyone laughed =] Still I got the best mark, so I don't mind it, but it was a good lesson to me. Thanks for dropping by

New stuff. Upper leg anatomy, again from Vilppu. I've got lower leg anatomy, feet anatomy and neck anatomy left, then I'll be doing lots of master studies, drawings/paintings from photos and maybe even drawings from imagination if I feel confident enough.

Old 06 June 2006   #60
Hi....Razz....

REALLY ENJOYING YOUR THREAD and STUDIES....GREAT JOB...

TAKE CARE
Glenn

Thread Closed share thread