Anatomy Thread of razz - 2D/3D

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2006   #31
Rebeccak thanks. Yeah, I want to keep on working on it too, but I have no time. So I think there will be nothing new this week...

Demented, well I've really got into studying old masters works. It's great way to practise for me and for everyone else I think. More in the future awaits. Will continue on David's head as soon as I find some time, but as I said, it will not happen this week. Thanks for the kind words.

Se7en-z3r0, the thing I like to do the most - draw =] I love drawing with pencil, I love drawing people. I'm glad you like it.

A crappy drawing from art school, unfinished, but I won't get back to it:

Last edited by razz : 05 May 2006 at 05:35 PM.

Old 05 May 2006   #32
Hello Razz, I like the last study too, I just have one suggest, the jaw looks a bit big for me, maybe u must to work on that area a little more, the rest is pretty good, hope that helps.

Old 05 May 2006   #33
~value in masterstudy~

Hey Razz

Last one looks great. Think you can push your values some - it'll create more depth and drama. Great work man - hopefully I'll be cracking at these masterstudies like you are soon. Keep cracking at them!

cheers,

- d.

ca.org sketchbook thread
cgs sketchbook

Old 05 May 2006   #34
Try finishing the last one, it looks great!

Sketchbook

Old 05 May 2006   #35
DigitalSol, thanks for the c&c, I appreciate it.

Demented, as I've written above the image, it's not finished, just some fast drawn lines to indicate lighting. Master studies are great!!

Fl3wk, thanks, but no, thanks. I will not try to finish it, because it was drawn from life, and now I have no way to complete it, unless from my imagination, which I think would ruin the whole drawing. So nah, I'll leave it as it is =]

I was gone for some time now because of the works. I'll be busy a few more days and the have a rest. Hopefully will show something new then. Good luck to you all and thank you!

Old 06 June 2006   #36
Hey everyone! I've just graduated from an art school today and got a 10 for my graduation dissertation But I will be going to the art school for two more years, because I'm insane about art, haha Now I'm on holiday so you know what that means!! Damn I'm excited

Old 06 June 2006   #37
Talking

Summerbreak!!

Last edited by DigitalSol : 06 June 2006 at 10:17 PM.

Old 06 June 2006   #38
Talking

razz,

Congratulations!!! That's fantastic, I'm sure you're very proud. Hope you have a great vacation!

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 06 June 2006   #39
Thanks Rebecca and DigitalSol! Oh, and it's summerbreak

About time for me to post something new. Here it is, master study, eh? The one from OFDW_17. Not very lucky with this one.

Old 06 June 2006   #40
Hi razz,

The main thing I would recommend is to use more saturated colors and to tighten the facial proportions ~ the lower half of the face seems a bit long, but can be easily fixed when working digitally.

Try going darker in places such as the background, and using muted rich hues in the face.

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 06 June 2006   #41
Ok, just a few more strokes. I think I'll leave as it is now. The main thing of painting this was to get the colors nicely and correct. What I've learned - use more saturated ones!! Well, shall try that in the next one Few more strokes added to this, let's say, fisnihed, because it's just a speedpaint.

OFDW17:

Old 06 June 2006   #42
~the power of suggestion~

Hey razz

In terms of colour - love where this speed paint is and on which route it is lying. Really like that you've played around with some colours to give some dimension and dynamic to his face. Methinks colour is especially essential when working with speedpaints - zhuzhu's works are the pinnacle in this area.

But something that caught my eye is the hand - don't think it's an actual problem though. If you want focus to remain on the face, just a few strokes would have sufficed for the hand. Remember that we (humans) have an immense knowledge of and familarity with the human body, so just a simple suggestion (such as a few well-placed highlights) would convey everything. Drawings are of course not real, and can only suggest something real. As Mentler often warns, don't overstate the obvious. Think this route would have been effective for a speedpaint.

But! I realise this is a mastercopy, and methinks you have handled it very well. Especially like his nose - well done man. Thanx for posting.

Congrats on graduation dude - enjoy holiday and enjoy art school thereafter!

- d.

ca.org sketchbook thread
cgs sketchbook

Old 06 June 2006   #43
Back to Raphael's work study. Finished it. Won't be doing the hands, because there's no place for them on the paper And I want to start something new. The old guys looks a bit sick, my fault Well here it is, hope you like it, I had fun doing it.

Old 06 June 2006   #44
razz,

With respect to your speedpaint, I think you could take it a lot further, but will respect the notion of doing a speedpaint if that's your intention.

Your drawing has come along quite nicely! One thing I would recommend is allowing your hand / pencil strokes a bit more 'bounce' ~ particularly in the older man's face, some of the lines seem quite stiff which makes it difficult to bring the face to life. I like the way that you are chiseling out the features and thinking of the face in terms of planes, but I think you could take that a step further and add more of the tertiary, smaller planes to soften the major planar areas that you have delineated with your pencil.

Good work, and I look forward to seeing more!

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 06 June 2006   #45
WOW! The work is very impressive. I wasn't doing this at 16. Is this "art school" sort of like high school? I'm in Art College right now myself. College comes after High school in USA, I'm not sure how it works over there.

Thread Closed share thread