Sketchbook Thread of Fusioniz

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2006   #46
its well underway i suppose... do u think i could put those in my portfolio?

Old 03 March 2006   #47
Talking

Sure, why not?

Deadline is soon...have you purchased a portfolio?

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 03 March 2006   #48
yup!sure got it =D oh man wish me luck...

Old 03 March 2006   #49
Good luck, man, those studies are looking pretty good. You've shown a definite improvement. Keep that up, even after you've submitted the folio. An artist never stops improving.

Old 03 March 2006   #50
Talking

Fusioniz,

Good to hear! Hopefully you've started to organize your portfolio / label it properly / etc. Be sure to call the school to make sure what their hours are for drop off of your portfolio. The last thing you want is to miss their deadline, so try to drop it off at least a day in advance.

Good luck!

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 03 March 2006   #51
YES I'M ENROLLED IN LASALLE
im so relieved now. yeah although my portfolio is submitted, i can now do my own research alr.

Old 03 March 2006   #52
As I said on MSN, congrats. Keep it up, and you'll start seeing huge improvements.

Old 03 March 2006   #53
Originally Posted by fusioniz: YES I'M ENROLLED IN LASALLE

Hey man, I have just read this thread and it was like reading a thriller!
I understand you made it then?

Congratulations!

I am looking forward to what you will be adding in here on this journey of yours.

Old 03 March 2006   #54
Talking

Fusioniz,

Is LaSalle the school you were applying to? If so, Congrats!!!

Let us know how things go.

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 03 March 2006   #55
thank you guys! this has definitely spurred me onwards to improve! however, LoTekK advised me to use traditional drawings first and when i'm real solid at my basic then i go on to a tablet pc. what are ur views rebeccka?

Old 03 March 2006   #56
Fusioniz.

first of all congratulations .

second: Do you have scans of you portfolio? ~ you see, I'm currently putting my portfolio together and it would be kinda interesting to see what on what basis other people have gotten acsepted on.

third: in regards to traditional vs. digital, don't think of them as traditional and digital they are both paintings. its true that some things are a little easier to learn in the different medias, drawing is a lot easier with traditional, but I think that digital, (because you can go backwards in the painting progress,) allows you to be a little more bold, a little more daring, and you can actually learn some things faster on the computer.

just my 0.5 Danish crowns.

Old 03 March 2006   #57
Talking

Fusioniz,

With respect to digital vs. traditional painting, take a listen to this interview with Leigh van der Byl, who is the lead moderator / administrator for CGTalk. She is a texture artist for feature films, who had traditional training prior to digital:

Episode 6 - Leigh Van Der Byl Interview
http://www.cgcast.com/index.php?nav=downloads

The thing I think she really is right about is that working traditionally (specifically, painting) will teach you things like mixing color etc. that will make working digitally 10x easier. We're in an age where you should likely try to learn both at once, but I really recommend drawing and painting traditionally at least for a while to learn those fundamentals well. It's really true that almost anyone can learn the basics of software, but that it is nearly impossible for a software only person to reverse engineer themselves and learn the fundamentals of art. You are going to an art school ~ learn about art, not JUST about software.

Having said that, the technical end is also important and of course shouldn't be excluded. Just don't get so wrapped up in the latest flashy program and wind up not spending any time learning about figure drawing, painting, composition, color, etc.

BTW, I'm confused, did they review your work on the spot and accept you right away? That seems like an awfully fast process.

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 03 March 2006   #58
Fusionz,

I have just read your thread, and Congratulations on making it mate!

I'm very impressed, the improvement is just great dude, I'm so pleased for you.

See you around,

~Jack

Old 03 March 2006   #59
Corvax: sorry for the late reply. i will upload my pictures now.

Rebeccka: i can't seem to view the first link. it shows404 could not find file.Ok i will stick to traditional for the time being. but any direction for me?on what shld i do or anyting?oh yeah the interview is around 45 mins or so.firstly she reviewed my portfolio which i was so so afraid that i couldnt fulfil their expectation. After reviewing my portfolio, she asks me to do a On-The-Spot still life drawing.oh well, i drew but didnt met her expectation too.. i tink she expected more as in, using grids to draw(which i dont know what is it) cuz i never received such training in school.

Jack Shannon: thank you jack for your compliments i appreciate it =D

Last edited by Fusioniz : 03 March 2006 at 05:16 PM.

Thread Closed share thread