Sketchbook Thread of Gonzalo Golpe

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2006
Rebecca's right. These sketches have a great feel to them. I'd love to see them developed.

02 February 2006
Great sketches, Zalo! I'm looking forward to see where you take this - lot's of potential!

WIP: Anatomy

Demoreel

02 February 2006
Hahaha... don't know why, but this last one make me feel to a poor guy at the final del camino de santiago... just need the shell...

02 February 2006
Rebeccak: yep well, I didn´t mentioned to you but the script of the comic, the hole action will be very...dark, very... hehe,but thanks so much for talking about Potter.I´ll work that technique

zpapageo: thanks!

Gunilla: hey! thanks so much to you too. Looking forward to your dissection....the dissection of your illustration I mean,

Lemog:HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!great!Poor man, after walking 1200 km. ( A friend of mine did the camino with another dudes, and one of them walked ok everytime. When he arrived to the cathedral he tripped and fell on the ground! good entry!hahaha

┤Zalo

02 February 2006
Talking

Zalo,

As a suggestion, you might want to check out the original Grimm's Fairy Tales:

>>Link to Prints<<

Dark is definitely good!

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

02 February 2006
As I told you, thanks so much for this wonderful link!

Regards!

Zalo

02 February 2006
Talking

Zalo,

You're totally welcome!

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

02 February 2006
I really like these sketches...

02 February 2006
makaron: thanks dude!

Well, I´m beginning a new illustration and I´d like to put the work in progress here . I´m thinking about do it mostly with Painter, with some oil tools like the ancient masters but putting a modern element. In this particular case, the guy carry a keyboardHope you like it!Here it is the pencil sketch:

Regards!

▒Zalo▒

02 February 2006
Ahhh - that is such a great concept! A man holding his keyboard in such a motherly pose... excellent (I wish I'd come up with it myself)

Relly looking forward to see this finished - are you going to make it in ancient style, with cracked varnish and all?

WIP: Anatomy

Demoreel

02 February 2006
Talking

Zalo,

What a beautiful drawing! I think your style really stands out as being unique...you don't seem concerned as much with the technical mastery of drawing since you are already a very good draughtsman ~ so your ideas are allowed to come through. Great to see more of your work, it's quite inspiring!

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

02 February 2006
Very interesting and original... the contrast between the style/your style and technology... I adore... go Zalo

02 February 2006
Hi....Gonzalo...
That's a really nice concept....so simply expressed .....GREAT IMAGE for this century..
TAKE CARE
Glenn

02 February 2006
Hi

I meant to post this earlier, but yesterday some pics in this thread did not load and then my post editor does not initialize properly...

Great drawing! Glenn mentioned the concept of "air" in a drawing in some other thread and I think this has a lot of air. Also a very believable character. This is a traditional starting sketch isn't it? I ask because you mentioned you wanted to do it all digitally and this looks so traditional I wondered if you managed to get this look in digital...

Keep it up!

02 February 2006
Gunilla: thanks!!!Yeah, when I finish it, I´ll crack the monitor to get the same effect

Rebeccak: thanks!!! You´re invited to Spain to eat a good spanish omelette with a good wine,lol!

Lemog: merci!!( the only french word I know, I must learn french...oh, and Je voudrai an omelette hahaha)

Mr. Mu: don´t worry for that =) Nice words! yep, the air in a work is very important, like Las meninas , "the most pure air in the universe", Dali dixit hehe.Yeah I wanted to work this illustration in that way, from soft touches to strong and dry brush strokes =)

Zalo

Thread Closed share thread