cgHuman v2 WIP

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2005   #1
Anatomy Thread of the cgHuman

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of creating the next version of the cgHuman or cgAdam and Eve, I dont know how much time I will get to work on it but I will try and do as much as I can in the time I have. Here is what I have at the moment.
So far the new version has a new optimised skeleton, more detailed spine, and every muscle have been either replaced or re modeled, also a bunch of new muscles have been added for more accuracy, it also conforms more accurately to the Utimate Human shape.
This is a work in Progress so the should be a bunch of updates coming I have just completed linking all muscles to the skeleton and will be adding the face muscles next.

Last edited by ds : 12 December 2005 at 07:47 AM.

Old 12 December 2005   #2
Talking

Damian,

Sweet! This is sure to be an awesome thread to follow.

Cheers,

~Rebecca

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 12 December 2005   #3
Here is a screen shot showing how the muscles are deforming with some motion capture loaded:

Old 12 December 2005   #4
Talking

Sweet!!! Awesome stuff!!!

Cheers,

~Rk

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 12 December 2005   #5
Here is what the face muscles look like so far, modelled with cgMuscles, used lots of reference:

Old 12 December 2005   #6
Talking

Damian,

Sweet! Keep adding stuff...it's great to see!

Cheers,

~Rebecca

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 12 December 2005   #7
looking good Damian

be interested in how your setting up the shoulder joints? cglinks and stuff? also is it going to be on a biped?

although i will mention that this poor guy is unfortunatly not anatomically correct in one place

cheers

john

Old 12 December 2005   #8
Just a quick update
John - Yes I will be using cgLinks here and there, and it wont come linked to a biped it will be the same as the earlier version in that it comes with a script that automatically links all bones to a Biped if that is the desired animtion rig.
- and er...lol, Trust you to point that out, its there its just very, very, tiny!!!

Old 12 December 2005   #9
Talking

Very Cool!

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Last edited by Rebeccak : 12 December 2005 at 12:32 PM.

Old 12 December 2005   #10
penn attribute holder

face is looking good man. it would be nice to have the face wired up to some basic facail expressions. you could use the penn atribute holder by Paul neale for that. and have the proximal, distals or cglinks on a path constraint.

man i want to do a face rigg

are you going to use skinmorph at all for the skinning solution? i guess not because of having to be backwards compatable.

cheers

john

Last edited by bloggs : 12 December 2005 at 04:22 PM.

Old 12 December 2005   #11
Here is an initial deformation test using 3 seperate cgMesh Deformers so you can isolate certain limbs for a faster workflow.

Old 12 December 2005   #12
Are you using strictly A.C.T. or are you using CGSkin as well?

Either way I need to spend more time with A.C.T. And may I ask as of this last Pic. how much time do you have into this character?

Old 12 December 2005   #13
Johnno -
You got it, I'm using Max 6 so its backward compatible as far as that and a face rig? Maybe a real basic one, the cgHuman is a bonus generic character that comes with ACT and as everyone has their own methods of working I'm trying to avoid adding a whole bunch of tricky custom rigging by keeping it as basic as I can so that it can be used straight out of the box or as a starting point for anyone who wants to take it to the next level.

we are also working on making it resizable

Eric -
Yes I'm only using ACT for this, I'd really love to use cgSkin but it doesn't come with ACT.
All up on this new version I'd say I have spent about 48 hours
which has included:
  • modeling all the muscles from cgMuscles (the mediview was awesome reference too for this)
  • Rigging and linking all the muscles and getting them to deform as correct as possible.
  • Skinning and adding the Muscles to the MeshDeformer
  • Re-editing the old scripts that worked with the previous version to work with this one
  • Re-tweeking the muscles again and again so they don't pop out of the skin in as many positions as possible -thats the hard part

Old 12 December 2005   #14
Originally Posted by d_s: All up on this new version I'd say I have spent about 48 hours

For this amount of detail I say that's not bad at all. Considering that I would only use about 1/3 the amount of muscles as this character 16 to 17 hours doesn't sound bad

Old 12 December 2005   #15
very good work.
do your muscles simulate also fat?
is this only for max 6 or it will work also on 7 and 8 version too?
what version of act do you refer?
there are problems if you want to adapt this rig to a all different character with no human like proportions?thanks.

Last edited by pablo83 : 12 December 2005 at 12:22 AM.

Thread Closed share thread