Sketchbook Thread of Lemog - 2D/3D

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2005
Im here too... eager to start painting myself... but guess I have to wait a couple of days.. untill I can see again... haha...

one thing to ask, do you use the photo and paint directly over it Lemog... it looks really good...

12 December 2005
Talking

Quote: originally posted by makaron: Im here too... eager to start painting myself... but guess I have to wait a couple of days.. untill I can see again... haha...

Post on up makaron!!! We'd be glad to have you!

Lolo,

I think you're improving at digital painting all the time!

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Last edited by Rebeccak : 10 October 2006 at 02:32 AM.

12 December 2005
Good morning girls

Originally Posted by Rebeccak: It's starting to look photorealistic!
Well... is it a good or a bad point ?

Originally Posted by Gunilla: Good morning! Thanks to Rebeccas ad I found you here, thanks Becca

Your portrait is coming on fine - and yes, photoreal! I like the dark background - it makes him glow. I'm sure he will love this..

Your son have beautiful eyes - has he inherit them from you?

Always much pleasure to see you on my threads Gunie...
About the black background, in fact... Quentin ask me for a real background... in first, he want a Pokemon environment... but I proposed him something maybe more adapted, something he like anyway... a background more harry potter, certainly as my library in the challenge... and certainly really dark... to keep this good contrast.

For the eyes.... sorry... mine are small (too much years with glasses...) and green...

In any case, thanks to come here, to follow this WIP...

Originally Posted by Rebeccak: It worked!

Good morning, peoples!

You're really very effective girl

12 December 2005
Morning everybody !

WOW , that's really impressive , looks photorealistic to me .

I think that thread should go on front page , like a new cgtalk event : "HEY ! LEMOG'S DOING 2D"

"One today is worth two tomorrows"
-Benjamin Franklin-

12 December 2005
Originally Posted by makaron: Im here too... eager to start painting myself... but guess I have to wait a couple of days.. untill I can see again... haha...

Hahaha... yesssssssss... now you said that, you must open a thread for your progress Mona

Originally Posted by makaron: one thing to ask, do you use the photo and paint directly over it Lemog... it looks really good...

No paint over for this portrait... just to save time, I draw the black line on a layer over the photo... and after, I work only with a little photo inside my drawing... like on this snapshot ->

The original photo appear very little in the file, but the painting is in 6000 x 7500 pixels

12 December 2005
Originally Posted by Zapan: Morning everybody !

WOW , that's really impressive , looks photorealistic to me .

I think that thread should go on front page , like a new cgtalk event : "HEY ! LEMOG'S DOING 2D"

Morning you my friend...

Front Page... certainly not... it's only a portrait... all days... I take a look to all these incredibles 2d or 3d images... with more potential, more imagination...
In this case, it's not a great pose, or a great technic... Digital painting is very new for me... I think I need to work and work more to acquire other skills in this domain.

My dream is to realize a real 2d composition... with the same madness than in 3d... but it's certainly to early for me... in 1 or 2 years maybe

Anyway, thanks for the morning compliments... that give me possibility to have a great day

Last edited by Lemog : 12 December 2005 at 08:11 AM.

12 December 2005
Talking

Quote: Originally posted by Lemog: Good morning girls

*Chorus*: Good morning, Lemog!

Quote: Well... is it a good or a bad point ?

Good!

Quote: You're really very effective girl

LOL! Not hard to convince people to follow the Lemog around...like Forrest Gump!

Quote: Originally posted by Zapan: Morning everybody !

Good morning!

Quote: I think that thread should go on front page , like a new cgtalk event : "HEY ! LEMOG'S DOING 2D"

LMAO!!!

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Last edited by Rebeccak : 10 October 2006 at 02:33 AM.

12 December 2005
Hahahaha... and very very very effective answers Beckie

12 December 2005
Originally Posted by Lemog: Hahaha... yesssssssss... now you said that, you must open a thread for your progress Mona
The original photo appear very little in the file, but the painting is in 6000 x 7500 pixels

morning everybody

thats a promise, when the stiches are out of my eyelids... I gonna start a thread of my own... a GP thread... I can choose Engel, the hairy, fury one, so I have something to do for month to come... haha... and gonna use your trick there... until then, I can see your progress and learn...

12 December 2005
Talking

Quote: Originally posted by makaron: thats a promise, when the stiches are out of my eyelids... I gonna start a thread of my own...

Looking forward to it!

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

12 December 2005
Originally Posted by GP's queen: so I have something to do for month to come...

Great , like this I will have some threads to wrote down some "good morning" everyday !
I kind of feel like an UFO here , but I need to spread my morning happiness , besides I guess I could learn some tricks in photoshop, and in all digital artworks... GREAT !

Edit : BTW let us jump this thread to over 3000 posts

"One today is worth two tomorrows"
-Benjamin Franklin-

Last edited by Zapan : 12 December 2005 at 08:23 AM.

12 December 2005
Talking

Quote: Originally posted by Zapan: I kind of feel like an UFO here , but I need to spread my morning happiness , besides I guess I could learn some tricks in photoshop, and in all digital artworks... GREAT !

Edit : BTW let us jump this thread to over 3000 posts

No worries, soon with 3000 posts we will all be feeling comfy!

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

12 December 2005
Makaron -> yep Mona... it's noted... when you will be better... without fault... you participate here

Zapan -> you know, the 2d world is very usefull for us... the 3d girls and guys... a good practice and a good mastering of these 2d softwares can permit us to save lot of time... and to increase our quality of realization... it's true about composition, texturing and final compositing... that can do the difference mate...

Beckie -> 3000 posts here ? hmmm... that will be hard I think... after that... I have a big 3d project
But maybe we can start a "good morning project"... hahaha

12 December 2005
Talking

Quote: Originally posted by Lemog: Beckie -> 3000 posts here ? hmmm... that will be hard I think... after that... I have a big 3d project
But maybe we can start a "good morning project"... hahaha

The new "good morning" thread...

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Last edited by Rebeccak : 10 October 2006 at 02:28 AM.

12 December 2005
dude, that's just plain amazing , period.

Thread Closed share thread