Sketchbook Thread - Post Your Best Pages! TRADITIONAL / DIGITAL (ANATOMY STUDIES)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2005
I like your paintings Zhu! Like the Warm and Cool colors!

I Did a quick sketch of my wife trying to grasp some Warm and Cool contrast.

07 July 2005
A quick anatomical study i did the other day.

- Tyler Durden

07 July 2005
magic man,
wow it must be terrible being able to draw that well ^_^ But really, your study is incredible. how long did it take?
seraph

07 July 2005
Originally Posted by theseraphimabove: magic man,
wow it must be terrible being able to draw that well ^_^ But really, your study is incredible. how long did it take?
seraph

hah, thanks. That image is a composite of individual ones, all up maybe half an hour.

- Tyler Durden

07 July 2005
Talking

Ok, let it be said that I've been admiring all the work posted here, and have not been able to post a response for 3 *#$%* days for some reason!!! Gack!

*smooths hair*

That being said...

zhuzhu,

Awesome sketches! Keep up the great work!!

Kirt,

Nice! I really like both drawings!!

Dark3D,

Looks pretty good, there! You may want to go back in and refine details, tho.

magic man,

Really nice drawings there!! The only thing I would say is that the neck is a bit thin. But your technique is really lovely!

theseraphimabove,

Indeed, magic man bears a burden...

_

Ok. I've finally been able to post my glowing remarks. I can live a normal life now.

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

07 July 2005
Cool

magic man: great sketch~~~! i really like it.

rebeccak: thanks, i will keeping post.

sketch in sketchbook pro v 2.0

Last edited by zhuzhu : 08 August 2005 at 11:54 AM.

07 July 2005
Talking

Hey Zhu zhu

My Girlfriend has just bought me a copy of your book - she is currently in the process of translating it for me so that when she comes back to the U.K. in September I will be able to not just look at the pictures!!! (something I will probably be guilty of anyway - but now I lack an excuse .)

I am still practicing with your brushes from your tutorial thread btw. But am still as far away as ever from making anything I do look like a watercolour sketch though!

Looking forward to your next tutorial - hint, hint

MIKE

07 July 2005
Question

Originally Posted by default.rol: Hey Zhu zhu

My Girlfriend has just bought me a copy of your book - she is currently in the process of translating it for me so that when she comes back to the U.K. in September I will be able to not just look at the pictures!!! (something I will probably be guilty of anyway - but now I lack an excuse .)

I am still practicing with your brushes from your tutorial thread btw. But am still as far away as ever from making anything I do look like a watercolour sketch though!

Looking forward to your next tutorial - hint, hint

MIKE

your girlfriend? is Grace han?

07 July 2005
Errrrrr.......nope! (who's she?)

07 July 2005
Hi!

I have little time to draw, I actually went to some drawing classes more than one year ago, and never was in a drawing class before. It was just GREAT, I wish I had the time now.
Anyway, I try to draw whenever I can and I´ll scan some of my latest sketches soon (basically Murillo's studies) . I´m also planning to do as Bobby Chiu's on the subway on the way to work, but I think I will feel embarassed LOL

The one on the right is my first figure charcoal drawing. And the other one is a 100x70 conté drawing that took me ages. They are both drawn from statues.

I wasn´t too sure of posting, because I see all these loose and great sketches... that´s a thing that I cannot really do, sketch without reference, so perfect and so loose... even with a reference I´m very slowly. My first lines tend to be very technical (angles, straight lines... no curves at all), I suppose it´s because I´ve been a lot into technical drawing, don´t know.

Anyway, I hope you like it.

07 July 2005
what the hell...

this is not one of my best works (in the case I have any) but I was fast on this one (15-20 minutes I think) and the result wasn´t that bad, was it?
It is a portrait of a cgdaily sketcher.

07 July 2005
Talking

bealobo,

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! I dragged the bealobo~meister into the depths of the Artistic Anatomy lair, hahaha!!! Glad to see you here, Ms. lobo. Welcome to the funny farm, part deux!

Wow, I LOVE your charcoal line quality. Let it be said that I am a huge sucker for beautiful charcoal lines / drawings, and I have admired the drawings on your site. I'm really happy you've posted here, and I hope to trick you I mean, get you to post here more often!!!

Awesome, really cool work!!!

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

07 July 2005
Talking

default.rol: sorry, mix up someone~~~

new sketch here:

Last edited by zhuzhu : 08 August 2005 at 11:56 AM.

07 July 2005
My art class have recently started life drawing after college. I think this is my best study so far. It's nothing special just the outline but I was quite pleased with the anatomy. Hopefully as I get quicker I will be able to begin making my lines more interesting and start to add hatch shading.

07 July 2005
Talking

enialadam,

Nice work! I'm happy to see your posts! I think it will be great when people really start to post their work from school in earnest ~ the variety in peoples' styles and approaches is incredible, and is great to see!

Hope to see more of your work!

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Thread Closed share thread