Sketchbook Thread of Lauder

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2012   #1
Red face Sketchbook Thread of Lauder

Hello guys!
I`m from Brazil and you may notice that my english is not that good so if see any mistakes concerning grammar let me know! ( i think i just commited one... )

I'm gonna start posting my sketches and please let me know your critics a advices!

Last edited by lauder : 12 December 2012 at 04:47 PM.

Old 12 December 2012   #2
Here is some o drawings from ealier this year , january to be more specific!

As you guys can see they are asymetrical, their eyes and mouths are quite weird i think...

Old 12 December 2012   #3
And now some pretty recent training!
I`ve started taking things more seriously since last september, before that i didnt draw as much as i`d like to because of some problems at home and at work... but now i draw every day! =]

Old 12 December 2012   #4
Another sketch!

Old 12 December 2012   #5
Some more head training!

Old 12 December 2012   #6
Your anatomy is off. You should download the Andrew Loomis book "Drawing the Head and Hands" and study from that. It will help a lot. Keep practicing!

Old 12 December 2012   #7
Thanks for the advice Skull!
I'll take look on this book and also post some more drawings at the end of the next week!

Old 01 January 2013   #8
I did this skecth for a friend of mine!

Old 02 February 2013   #9
Hey guys!

It`s been a while since i last posted, all because of my current job....
But anyway i`m still drawing !

I`m trying to learn anatomy, i started with the head i`ve drawing them for quite some but i heve the felling that i am not getting better..

And here is some of them:

Old 04 April 2013   #10
Its been a while since a last showed you guy something.
So here we go!

Old 04 April 2013   #11
And more!
I think im finally improving!

\

Old 06 June 2013   #12
My evolution so far!

Old 06 June 2013   #13
Just recently checked out your thread. I think I can see some improvement on naturally looking characters and facial proportions. To be exact the blue color cast images are the ones that look the most believable.

Originally Posted by lauder: My evolution so far!

The image above though has some characters that look like they are not the natural gender and that is due to using similar facial features/proportions for both male and female gendered characters. There are similarities that concern both male and female genders but also many differences that make woman distinct, unique, and recognizable that stand out to the eyes perception.

Old 06 June 2013   #14
Thanks Nekotiq!

I really have to improve some of the face features like the eyes, nose and lips.
Now i´m trying to draw people from different ages, genders and races and i also started studying the body.
Later i'll post some more studies!

Sorry about my bad english!

Old 06 June 2013   #15
Originally Posted by lauder: Thanks Nekotiq!

I really have to improve some of the face features like the eyes, nose and lips.
Now i´m trying to draw people from different ages, genders and races and i also started studying the body.
Later i'll post some more studies!

Sorry about my bad english!

My feedback was for a little bit more than just those facial features. I also meant the actual proportions of the face. The illustrations you have shown do not show woman with delicate proportions and features and are a bit rigid/stiff with a heavy jaw bone. The mandible of both your woman and man features are exactly alike and there is quite a difference between them in actual reality proportions in gender differences. The noses you draw are actually quite the same as well. Not many noses are exactly alike and there are quite a few variations in the same gender as well. Also I noticed that the men in your drawings do not have any eyelashes at all, and both genders have the same form, features, and head shape. I say to read some anatomy books or if you want quick guidelines before diving back into drawing, looking at some video tutorials to speed up the process. But nothing is better than an actual digital or physical book, since they are edited for consistencies as well as edited for jumbo speech usually heard when hearing a video tutorial not properly planned out accordingly.

Last edited by Nekotiq : 06 June 2013 at 09:13 PM.

Thread Closed share thread