Sketchbook Thread of Spirit Dreamer

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

01 January 2006
Wow

the subtle reflected light on the shadow side of the face looks really warm and delicate.

The look is also great (I am referring to her eyes, maybe glance is a better word? Lacking vocabulary here, obviously). And the way you tilt the head works great, also.

I would love to see the headpiece taken further as at the moment it is stealing attention simply by the fact that I am wondering wether it's a hat, a turban or a headscarf.

01 January 2006
Update for Mr Mu:

01 January 2006
Wip 011

01 January 2006
Quote: Update for Mr Mu

*lol*how kind of you...

but are there any changes?

*rubs eyes*

01 January 2006
Another update just for Mr Mu

Mr Mu
Remember there is no model, Just a doodle done for fun.
More of a color study type of thing
Hope you can enjoy it a little more now.
As you can see she has been through a lot of changes
since I first created her. She lost her wings somewhere along the line,
but maybe they were just in her dreams anyway.
Thanks for the feed back Mr. Mu,
it forces me to take things further which is always a good thing and
is always appreciated
Take Care
Glenn

And when we she gets angry - watch out!

Last edited by SpiritDreamer : 01 January 2006 at 10:08 PM.

01 January 2006
Quote: Remember there is no model, Just a doodle done for fun.

Oh, I do - that's what is freaking me out so much.

The update came out great. Very physically present - and a heavy mood.

I do certainly enjoy it!

01 January 2006
Doodle 1/21/2006

01 January 2006
Talking

Glenn,

I really like your monochromatic pieces such as the last one you posted...I think it's a great way to develop form as you know... ~ really nice stuff, would like to see you start in this monochromatic way for the OFDWs, perhaps adding colors at a later stage...nice work!

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

01 January 2006
Hi ...Rebecca...

Hey ...is mind reading one of your other talents...
I just finished that last one I posted, ... was practicing the technique I am going to use
on the #12 master copy we are getting ready to start..I have not done a master copy
in many many years,...so I figured it would be easier to start it with the technique I just
posted...won't get lost in all those colors right from the start that way, and will be able
to consentrate on all the other aspects of that painting more closely . Not sure if that is
the way he created that painting...but it has a lot of darks in it, so he might have..don't know..
THANKS..for the feedback Rebecca...and again ..THANKS for all the help you've given me
along the way....and one final note...you should take aspiring off your avatar...
and just leave TEACHER...that would be closer to the TRUTH I think...

TAKE CARE
Glenn

01 January 2006
Talking

Aww, Glenn & Jessica (Spirit Dreamers) thanks! You're really sweet to be so supportive, and I really value all of your efforts here. I think you've developed quite a following! Which you definitely deserve ~ thanks for posting comments to everyones' threads, I think they really appreciate and value your input a great deal.

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

01 January 2006
THANKS ...Rebecca...

It's been my pleasure to share what I know, and to learn what I don't know..
Fantastic time for art and artist in history I think..Never been a time, when artist from
all over the EARTH could share thoughts ect. and see each others works, finished
and in progress, thanks to this new medium ..computers..
Who knows where or what it wll lead to.. only the fates know, I suppose..
Just glad I can be a part of it at this stage in my life...

TAKE CARE
Glenn

Last edited by SpiritDreamer : 01 January 2006 at 02:49 AM.

01 January 2006
Talking

Glenn,

I totally agree...I think this is really a cool and special thing, and is great because it removes artists from the isolation that in previous times they had to experience.

I have a practical Painter question for you ~ I am doing some color experimentation, and, being new to Painter, am finding myself both cackling with glee and also a bit frustrated with the various tools and operations...one thing I am noticing is that when I paint on the canvas, even if I have a dark color selected, such as a dark purple, when I first touch brush to canvas, a lighter color first appears, then I have to really press down on the wacom tablet / apply pressure to get the color which I really want. Is there a way that I can avoid getting that lighter color from appearing at first? Thank you!

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

01 January 2006
Hi Rebecca,

I think Glenn will as always know a good answer to this, but in the meantime you could check out this thread in the painter forum as it might be related.

Note that unless you uncheck "pick up underlying colour" many brushes pick up the canvas' colour to mix the selected colour with.

01 January 2006
Talking

Mr. Mu,

Thanks a lot! I've now bookmarked that page...will have to trundle over to the Painter Forum more often.

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

01 January 2006
GOOD MORNING....Rebecca...

Had to sleep on that question you just asked about the paint going from lighter to darker
depending on how much pressure you apply to the pen or the illusion of a brush...
I think it is like when you draw with a , ..lets say black ball point pen...the color of the
pen is black, ..but if you barely touch it to the paper, it creates a lighter shade of black,
and when you press down harder, it reaches it's true color...which is black.
The same principle applies to painter brushes....they are very sensitive to pressure.
You can ajust the sensitivety of the wacom pen and tablet, to respond to your personal
touch, and get it to the point where it is to your likeing.
I never tried this myself...I just went with what it did, and worked it to my advantage
by pressing lighter when I want a lighter shade,...and harder for a darker shade.
I do the same thing when drawing in reality with a ball point pen...I map in the figure
or whatever area i'm on ...useing a light touch, which gives me a lighter faded line,
then I increase the pressure as I go along, ..this gives me the full range and potential of that one black pen ...
Of course brushes react differently according to surface, opacity of paint ect.
Will need to know what brush and medium your haveing the problem with,.. to be more
acurate with the cure...
Let me know what you think about what I just said, and if it helps any...I want to see
you happy with PAINTER ...I think it is the program that will allow you to reach your
full potential in this new digital medium that we're all in the process of exploring...

One other thought...I have been useing a very deep. almost black purple ..for the
backgrounds for all of the model paintings...background color turns light purple when
it is blended onto or into the figure, and makes a very nice purple colored shadow.
You can see it happening on the light skined model...forground next to Zhuhu frame #11-AND 103
Just another happy accident kept, perfected, and used to advantage...
FRUSTRATION..EXPERIMENTATION...ACCIDENTS...IT'S ALL GOOD IF USED TO YOUR
ADVANTAGE...

TAKE CARE
Glenn

Last edited by SpiritDreamer : 01 January 2006 at 02:16 PM.

reply share thread