Game of Thrones - Official Thread (no book spoilers)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2011   #61
Originally Posted by SheepFactory: Waiting a week to find out what happens is killing me

Agree!...+ the episodes go by so darn fast!!!

Last edited by mjdowswell : 05 May 2011 at 04:10 PM.

Old 05 May 2011   #62
I started reading the first book, 200 pages in and it is so much better than the show. Which is not to say the show is bad, it is awesome. But the book fleshes out the characters so much more and the characters are way more interesting in the book than in the show.

Basicly what I am trying to say is go buy the book now if you like the show

Old 05 May 2011   #63
Im glad for you Sheep, your up for a month of amazing reading. Dont forget your tuque, winter is coming!

I watch the show with my wife and she's totally lost in the dialogues. All the time I have to stop and explain to her whats going on. I probably look like a retarded geek doing so!!

Old 05 May 2011   #64
Originally Posted by earwax69: Im glad for you Sheep, your up for a month of amazing reading. Dont forget your tuque, winter is coming!

I watch the show with my wife and she's totally lost in the dialogues. All the time I have to stop and explain to her whats going on. I probably look like a retarded geek doing so!!

hahaha... my feelings exactly! my wife didn't realized the true meaning of marrying a geek until last week.

Old 05 May 2011   #65
good end for episode four. I would read the book at the end of the season I don't want mix them.

Old 05 May 2011   #66
Com'on guys, it's unfair to compare the intensity of a book where you can put words and emotions limitless and independant of time with a 40 minutes tv show. It's way harder to put words into images than the other way round.

However, I am really curious for the book now. Argh, so looking forward to the 5th episode.

Old 05 May 2011   #67
@Ballo; I would recommand reading the first book BEFORE the ending of the series. If you know how it finish, the book one will be a lot less thrilling.

Old 05 May 2011   #68
Originally Posted by luisRiera: hahaha... my feelings exactly! my wife didn't realized the true meaning of marrying a geek until last week.

We all share the same fate.

Old 05 May 2011   #69
Been watching the show so far, not bad. The first episode started off amazing. After the beheading scene things got difficult to follow. I think for folks who haven't read the books it might be hard to get into the HBO series. Overall I think they're as faithful to the story as they could be.

My one big gripe for the cast is Tyrion. Not because the actor isn't doing a good job, he's actually acting great... but because he's a pretty boy. I always envisioned Tyrion as a hideous looking creature, revolting even. He's by far my favorite character in the series. Jaime Lannister is also on my favorite list of characters from the books. His acting is superb and I think the casting choice was great too.

Someone mentioned that the scars on the Hound were not enough, I thought they were too much.

The books are definitely better than the HBO series. But the HBO series is good.

Earwax: If you're looking for another series to read you can try Steven Erikson's Malazan series. First book is called Gardens of the Moon. It's a difficult read, but when they said on the cover it is Epic Fantasy... it really is. Not as well written as ASOIAF but the size and scope of the story is huge. Many even more memorable characters in the Malazan world than in ASAIAF imo.

Old 05 May 2011   #70
Originally Posted by niva: Been watching the show so far, not bad. The first episode started off amazing. After the beheading scene things got difficult to follow. I think for folks who haven't read the books it might be hard to get into the HBO series. Overall I think they're as faithful to the story as they could be.

My one big gripe for the cast is Tyrion. Not because the actor isn't doing a good job, he's actually acting great... but because he's a pretty boy. I always envisioned Tyrion as a hideous looking creature, revolting even. He's by far my favorite character in the series. Jaime Lannister is also on my favorite list of characters from the books. His acting is superb and I think the casting choice was great too.

Someone mentioned that the scars on the Hound were not enough, I thought they were too much.

The books are definitely better than the HBO series. But the HBO series is good.

Earwax: If you're looking for another series to read you can try Steven Erikson's Malazan series. First book is called Gardens of the Moon. It's a difficult read, but when they said on the cover it is Epic Fantasy... it really is. Not as well written as ASOIAF but the size and scope of the story is huge. Many even more memorable characters in the Malazan world than in ASAIAF imo.

Nothing in the book suggests tyrion is a hideous looking creature, he is a midget in the book as well.

Old 05 May 2011   #71
I dont see how they gonna tell the first book in just ten chapters. Seems too little screen time for an extraordinary book. Oh... and is it me or Jaime Lannister looks like Prince Charming from Shrek?

Old 05 May 2011   #72
Originally Posted by SheepFactory: Nothing in the book suggests tyrion is a hideous looking creature, he is a midget in the book as well.

Actually a lot of things suggest it, from his family's despise of him to the way others react to him in the books. Maybe not horribly deformed but the actor they picked is a pretty boy. He's doing a good job with the acting so I'm getting over it

Old 05 May 2011   #73
wow, impressed by the production quality and the stellar matte paintings. And i had time to watch only 30 minutes into the first ep.

Great show.

Old 05 May 2011   #74
Originally Posted by luisRiera: Oh... and is it me or Jaime Lannister looks like Prince Charming from Shrek?

Its not just you
That was the first thought I had.

Other shows I'm having fun with are True Blood (also HBO) and getting into a nice relaxing blood bath every week with Spartacus.

Old 05 May 2011   #75
Peter Dinklage's diction / acting is great....definitely favorite character so far.

It's also been really wonderful to spot all the various UK actors in this one...it was great to see Owen Teale get a scene in episode 4...and really very good he is too.

Thread Closed share thread