Game of Thrones - Official Thread (no book spoilers)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2011   #46
Everyone that knows me on Facebook knows how much I like this series of books; can't wait for the fifth book to come out this July. Been following the show progress since it was announced, so far I'm very happy with it. I wish they would have expanded on some things like Bran's dream before he woke up but hey, I realize that you have to cut some things.

The VFX have been very well done and how about that intro? damn cool, feels like an epic board game, love it.

Old 05 May 2011   #47
Yes yes, the 3 eyed crow is needed. How to explain Bran powers otherwise? That's probably my main complain. For Dany, well, yeah, I know what you mean but as she was quite my less favorite character in the book, well, I dont feel so sorry. not much nudity in the lasts episodes though. I know she's going to come to Westeros some day and give a good kick in the nest but it still far away.

Best 3 for me are Tyrion, Arya and Jon Snow. I just hope the tome 5 will be better than the 4, more in line with the 3 first tome. The 3 firsts are... well... incredible! I wish I could get amnesia to read them again!!

Old 05 May 2011   #48
I have a bit of a softspot for Sean Bean so they had me with the trailer

Old 05 May 2011   #49
Sean Bean is an awesome actor I agree. One of the reasons I watched the series and I must say that I love it! I don't know the books so I have no comparison but the CG is great so far, the world seems fantastic and I like the characters and actors very much (except for the queen...argh, hate that actress).

Old 05 May 2011   #50
the series is a really good adaptation and the casting is wonderful IMO - love the actors so far.

Old 05 May 2011   #51
Originally Posted by SheepFactory: Watch "The Wire". Quite simply the best tv show ever made.

Yep, that's one of the best TV shows I've seen too.

Here are other excellent shows that haven't been mentioned yet:

Band of Brothers
Mad Men
Breaking Bad
Firefly
Friday Night Lights
Entourage
The Office

And shows that are flawed, but have moments of brilliance:

Prison Break
Battlestar Galactica
Dexter
Sons of Anarchy

And Rome was quite good. It should have continued for far longer though, since originally it was planned to have continued until the appearance of Christ.

Old 05 May 2011   #52
I don't think producers are creating the series for the books fans. I'm enjoying the episodes, it's a bit slow now, so that means the end will be really good and dramatic, I hope so!

Old 05 May 2011   #53
Originally Posted by Lunatique: Yep, that's one of the best TV shows I've seen too.

Here are other excellent shows that haven't been mentioned yet:

The perfect TV show list. Although after season one I'd say drop Prison Break...but that's me.

I've only seen the first episode of Game of Thrones (work is insane right now) But I liked it. Yes, a little slow. But I'm intrigued, and can't wait to see the characters develop. I like a fantasy world very much based in reality, and the politics in this seems very interesting so far.

Honestly I'd start reading the books if I knew the series would be finished in a reasonable amount of time. But I don't want to start, then have to wait four years (or more) for a conclusion.

www.MichaelSime.com

Old 05 May 2011   #54
The Sopranos was my favorite. Cant think of many shows that disproved the idea that a series' characters must be likable and the main character was a sociopath as well. Going to watch Rome one of these days and maybe Boardwalk Empire.

Old 05 May 2011   #55
Start the book. Really. Even with no ending, the 3 first tomes are a good contender to the "best fantasy written since mister Tolkien" title. You cant go wrong. And the 5th tome is out this july!

The books are long and dense, you will be able to enjoy it for a long time. I've read them for the first time not long ago and Im already thinking about starting again from the begining. It's that good.

Old 05 May 2011   #56
I agree, it is a show that had to work for the folks that haven't read the books. It is a bit slow right now you are still being introduced the the houses and places but man, oh man is it gonna pick up in a hurry after certain event happens

Old 05 May 2011   #57
Originally Posted by Lunatique: Yep, that's one of the best TV shows I've seen too.

Check out "Treme" if you havent already. Its from the creators of Wire.

Old 05 May 2011   #58
love it. Best fantasy show in years

Old 05 May 2011   #59
Just what I feared. The king's tournament was village sized! They could have put few bleachers and duplicate the crowd at least. And we dont see much of King's Landing either. Buuuut its all fine! Loved the 3 eyed crow, Sam Tharly and Lady Stark speech in the inn at the end.

Old 05 May 2011   #60
I need to get the books. Waiting a week to find out what happens is killing me

Thread Closed share thread