|01-12-2009, 03:56 PM||#1|
Leigh van der Byl
A cog in the wheel
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Join Date: Feb 2002
General Discussions Rules - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
For the sake of keeping things on topic and appropriate for the forum, we ask that you please consider the following rules when posting threads in General Discussions:
1. Please no "What software should I use", or "App versus App" threads. They're flamebait!
2. No threads advertising personal websites
Please do not post threads like "HI GUYS THIS IS MY NEW WEBSITE!" or "UPDATED WEBSITE!!". This includes posts bringing attention to Kickstarter projects (although you're welcome to put links to these in your signatures!).
3. No threads asking "How much money do I charge?" or "How much money do you make?".
4. No software-specific threads
If you have a question or thread about Maya, please post it in the Maya forum. If you have a Photoshop post, we have a Photoshop forum. And so on!
5. No hardware/system questions.
If you're planning a computer upgrade, a change of OS, or anything like this, please post in the Technical And Hardware forum.
6. No more "What should I do with my life?" threads. People on the internet don't have the answers you're looking for!
7. No "HI GUYS I LIVE IN CITY X AND I WANT TO MEET OTHER CG ARTISTS HERE!!" or "CG ARTISTS FROM COUNTRY X/CITY X/VILLAGE X POST HERE!!"
8. No witch hunt threads ANYWHERE ON THIS SITE.
If you got ripped off by some site, take it up with your credit card company, please. Do not come here and complain about them. This rule also applies to "OMG THIS PERSON IS RIPPING OFF YOUR WORK!!" threads. CGTalk is a place to discuss CG, not raise up torches and pitchforks.
9. No "what is art?"/"do you consider ____ to be art?" threads.
10. No job postings.
This applies to all the forums. If you're an employer, you can place an posting through the jobs section.
11. No off topic threads.
If it's not even vaguely related to CG, don't post it. Go post on Facebook or somewhere else instead.
We thank you in advance for your understanding and co-operation. If your thread is closed, please do not harass moderators about it.
Last edited by leigh : 02-20-2014 at 10:52 PM.
|07-27-2016, 07:43 AM||#2|
Ghostman on 1st
Founder Co-Owner, Conceptartworkshops.com
Producer 3D world, USA
Join Date: Jan 2016
We will be trying to modify/ update these rules and ask that in doing so everyone just use common sense and try to remain civil. Discussing topics like Software and Freelance and the best ways to present your work is something we very much want to help with.
We will likely introduce a self promotion forum to allow everyone to post links to there kickstarters and personal portfolios sites soon we ask in doing so that you keep these post to that specific forum. This week we are at Siggraph and we will be busy next week with Kim Jung LI so give us a lil time and we will try to get a new set of laxed rules as long as the community can support one another without turning into flame war.
|Thread Closed share thread|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|