Team Fortress 2 - CGSociety Players

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2007   #16
Originally Posted by bardur: you go into the community section in steam and setup your own SteamID
... pretty straight forward

Already did that but I can't tell how to get it *back*. It's not accepting what I thought I'd put in.

Straightforward would have a "forgot you username" and "forgot your password" button like every other membership website has. Or better yet, tie it to the Steam account automatically so you don't have to login twice.

Last edited by switchblade327 : 09 September 2007 at 03:50 PM.

Old 09 September 2007   #17
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/CGTalk

"When we're not pushing polygons at work,
we're blowing yours apart in the game."

Made a CGTalk group to make it easier for us to find one another in-game.

AKIN BILGIC
Modeler / Generalist TD
CGGallery.com

Old 09 September 2007   #18
Nice. I joined the group, but still not sure how the whole group thing works.
It's going to take some getting used to, 2 fort was laid out similarly, but the dynamic of all the classes is quite different from TFC. Still, got to love the presentation, even the intro movies.

Old 09 September 2007   #19
Originally Posted by switchblade327: Already did that but I can't tell how to get it *back*. It's not accepting what I thought I'd put in.

Straightforward would have a "forgot you username" and "forgot your password" button like every other membership website has. Or better yet, tie it to the Steam account automatically so you don't have to login twice.

Guess this should work:
http://www.fileplanet.com/134754/13...o/Steam-ID-Find

" Steam ID Find is a simple tool that will find and display your steamID."

Haven´t tested it

Old 09 September 2007   #20
Actually, I think your SteamID would be listed in your directory structure ...

\Steam\SteamApps\SteamID\team fortress 2

Old 09 September 2007   #21
Originally Posted by Kirt: Actually, I think your SteamID would be listed in your directory structure ...

\Steam\SteamApps\SteamID\team fortress 2

That just shows my email. The confusing thing is that your SteamID doesn't seem to need to be unique or fixed. On my home machine I was able to access it though so I am now under "BionicKangaroo" and also in the CgTalk group.

1 hour into the game now, the scout is so much fun I barely bother with the other classes. So far the engineer seems like the cheap bastard class. 1 fully built sentry gun is pretty much an insta-kill. I tried the soldier and I think TF2 wins for weakest rocket launcher EVER. But I love the scout. I even got a baseball bat kill!

Old 09 September 2007   #22
http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheBladeRoden

Here's me, if i can ever get the game to work

Old 09 September 2007   #23
This game is the first game i've enjoyed playing online in about 3 years or something stupid. My girlfriend of about 2.5 years is about to find out how big a loser i can be.

The ingame animations are simply amazing and it's so easy to actually see what is going on, that you can focus on the game itself.

Definitely worth preordering the game just for for TF2. Especially if you can appreciate the animation work that has gone into it. It feels like I am part of a pixar animation.

Old 09 September 2007   #24
OH SNAP!

I"ve been so busy at work this past week and half I totally forgot this was coming out!

Hopefully the BETA is open, so I can go home and play this tonight...

all night.

Old 09 September 2007   #25
I love being a demoman because its such an awesome class, and also cos the taunt is the best Kabooooom! ;D

HAHAH so many nice touchs like the facial expressions when you do something, so incredible!

Animations my goal, but it keeps bloody moving!

http://www.kflynn.co.uk

Old 09 September 2007   #26
Yeah, the Demoman is my bread and butter - and they've made him into a fantastic character!
I love that his melee weapon is a bottle of whisky that you can break and slash people with.

AKIN BILGIC
Modeler / Generalist TD
CGGallery.com

Old 09 September 2007   #27
I had no idea you could get in on the beta with a pre-order. I'm downloading it now...and I've joined the CGTalk group.

I'm really excited about this game. Glad to hear it is living up to expectations.

Old 09 September 2007   #28
this is like the best game i played in a while. the characters have lot of personality in them with so little detail. the sound effects are awsome.

Old 09 September 2007   #29
Super game. Love it when the Heavy starts laughing after killing so many people in a row.

Also, the spy class so messes with your head. Funny watching my son play when the teams were on sudden death. After he died and could only sit and watch there were 3 people left on his team, but it showed 2 medics and 2 heavy's....hmmm, why are there 4 people left...AGHHH...SPY!!! We then proceeded to watch the spy medic slowly kill off the last 3 guys. It was a riot!

Old 09 September 2007   #30
this game truly is awesome. after 9 years of development its everything i had hoped for and more.

you can find me in the group. steam id is same as my username here.

Thread Closed share thread