Team Fortress 2 - CGSociety Players

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2007   #1
Team Fortress 2 - CGSociety Players

The Steam Community CGTalk Group
The Steam Community CGTalk Group is open for all to join. Joining the group will allow you to add CGTalk members to your Steam Friends List and to recieve notices via Steam about our upcoming games. Each week you will recieve these notices which will include the server IP, password and game start times.

Some Resources for Mappers:
Valve Developer Community Wiki
Interlopers.net Tutorials & Resources
Editlife.net Tutorials
HL2Mods
TF2Maps.net Custom Maps
Steam Tools Forums
Duct Tape Tool: Making Modding Easier
Gametype Entity System Library | Improved FGD | Prop Library

CGSociety Online Gamer's Tags
Looking for CGS members online for Steam, PSN, XBL or Wii games?
Look here for gamer's tags and regularly scheduled game days.

See you(r gibs) in the game!

AKIN BILGIC
Modeler / Generalist TD
CGGallery.com

Last edited by Kirt : 07 July 2012 at 01:52 AM.

Old 09 September 2007   #2
Is this coming out on the consoles aswell?

Old 09 September 2007   #3
Coming out on the 360 for sure, I think that I heard something about a later ps3 release as well.

Old 09 September 2007   #4
Had a round last night, pretty cool game. The different classes are a lot of fun to play, seems quite balanced too. Engineers building senrtry's everywhere is awsume.

As for the visuals its a pretty sweet looking game, character anims are top notch.

www.jhall.nz

Old 09 September 2007   #5
i want to wait for the 360 version, but if i get the PC version, i can play the beta.... hmm. actually, i need to see if i can get Half Life 2 running at a decent frame rate on my Vista box...

i want to play this game!

Old 09 September 2007   #6
Will Microsoft release some kind mouse and keyboard for playing these games on a 360??, that would be just great.
I like the 360 controller but a mouse is just more accurate.

JK.

Old 09 September 2007   #7
I started play the beta this morning. All the classes are pretty well balanced with maybe the exception of the pyro. Pyro feels a bit weak even though his weapon is pretty strong and will leave you confused. I'm supprised just how many people are using the medic properly. So many people heavies and medics paring up to dish out the hurt. As compared to tfc the game is more streamlined there is less clutter. Some will probably miss the hand grenades of the old but it really is for the better. The scout is a really strong clsas to play. His weapon is very strong at close range. The scout also has a double jump that makes 2fort sniper roof very accessible. The scoring system is unique. They included an assist system so that you get partial credit for a kill if you did a high amount of dammage on an enemy but did not deliver the final blow. You get points for frags, assists, destroying sentry guns, capturing or defending control points or intelligence. There is a lot of humorous animation, the intelligence case which is a substitute for the flag on 2fort becomes strapped onto a players back and as the player runs about carrying the case he leaves a paper trail. The taunts are also somewhat funny. When you die there is a little text box that points out something on the screen. If your exploded corpse is on the screen it draws an arrow with the text "this is your head". There are domination and revenge awards. The sudden death mode is common and changes the pace of the game. I just wish there were greater consequences, or a way of punishing campers. If time runs out the game ends in a stalemate and it says everybody loses. It's a matter of perspective.... The in game commentary is also pretty cool yet it seems to cut off a bit early for me. Gabe newell makes the comment that the game has been in development for 9 years. But anyways there is a lot to like about it. I'd type up some more stuff about it. But I'm gonna go play it instead..

Old 09 September 2007   #8
Valve needs to release wallpapers of those characters asap!

Old 09 September 2007   #9
Oh man is it a brilliant game...
If anyone wants to play, just post your steam ID.

mine: RockinAkin

AKIN BILGIC
Modeler / Generalist TD
CGGallery.com

Last edited by RockinAkin : 09 September 2007 at 08:22 PM.

Old 09 September 2007   #10
I play it, and I love it.

And I can only concur that the classes seems very well balanced.

ID: Kokusho

Old 09 September 2007   #11
Im playing it... and LOVING it!!
its sweet!.. i got hooked within a sec!
The character have such great personality“s.. and the graphics are AwSOme!...
and the game is nicely balanced..
all in all its a fantastic game! i LOVE it!

My SteamID: Bardur M

Regards

EDIT: we should make a CGtalk group on steam! ..

Last edited by BardurM : 09 September 2007 at 11:10 AM.

Old 09 September 2007   #12
Stupid question maybe, but how do you find out what your steamID is? I log in with an email address and I don't see any way to access the ID.

Love the game so far! So much style.

Old 09 September 2007   #13
you go into the community section in steam and setup your own SteamID
... pretty straight forward

Old 09 September 2007   #14
Best looking game on the market IMO. Can't help but appreciate and admire the visuals while playing it. Slick stuff.

Old 09 September 2007   #15
Have been trying to play since Tuesday. Work computer has not internet connection (damn firewalls!) and home computer is inadequate piece of garbage.

Steam ID: Kirt

Walked through some of the levels though and reviewed the developer's commentaries. Sweet looking game! Can't wait to play it. Congrats to the Valve team

Thread Closed share thread