The Avatar: Last Airbender: The Legend of Korra Trailer

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 09 September 2007   #31
Apoclypse, a scary thought. Would be intresting to see a water bender attempting to do that to a person. I somehow doubt you could get away with something like that in a childrens animation. Not so much for the children understanding, but because it could probably be quite graphic...Which im sure alot of the kids would acctually enjoying seeing given the chance lol

Old 09 September 2007   #32
Originally Posted by Babybell: Apoclypse, a scary thought. Would be intresting to see a water bender attempting to do that to a person. I somehow doubt you could get away with something like that in a childrens animation. Not so much for the children understanding, but because it could probably be quite graphic...Which im sure alot of the kids would acctually enjoying seeing given the chance lol

Well they don't actually have to pull the water out, buthey should also be able to affect peoples moods just by shifting the water slightly. Fire bender's really shouldn't stand a chance against a watrer bender at all. Even if they steam the water a water bender should be able to change its properties back in fact Katara and Ang did that once when they were trying to disable the drill. I think of all the bender's the Fire nation is really the weakest if you really think about.

Old 09 September 2007   #33
Dont forget that Azula and Ihro can form lightning. Cant quite remember how they manage to do it though.

Old 09 September 2007   #34
@Babybell
The episode, 'bitter work' shows how they are able to do it, I cant remeber fully, but it has something to do with them passing the charge through the center of their bodies, and avoiding the heart.

Old 09 September 2007   #35
I thought that training was more to allow Zuko to counter Azulas lighting attack on him. Remember that Iroh refuses to use the attack on him because of the risk to Zuko, so he goes to the mountain and screams at the storm to strike him at the end of the episode.

Old 09 September 2007   #36
Yes you are right mate

Old 09 September 2007   #37
Just to keep this thread alive :P Anyone got anything they would like to see in this series of Avatar?

Im hoping that if the invasion takes place we geat an even grandiouser (i know i cant spell) battle than the battle for the North Pole.

Also hoping for some more development of the fire nations airship and those people flying the gliders. Add them to the invasion fleet and could make the battle even more spectacular!

Old 09 September 2007   #38
I know this season will have allot more focus on the previous avatar, Roku since the special preview gives that away. I would love to see another serious fight between benders like the one at the end of book two. I have a feeling this season will introduce some new characters to the avatars team.

Old 09 September 2007   #39
New episode today. I missed the premeire but my niece just gave me an update on what happened. Why have a dvr when you have kids around.

Old 09 September 2007   #40
Was pretty good for a filler episode. The quality and realisim of the animation always amazes me. I was really impressed by the free styling dance boy.

Old 09 September 2007   #41
Originally Posted by ParamountCell: Was pretty good for a filler episode. The quality and realisim of the animation always amazes me. I was really impressed by the free styling dance boy.

Thething I like about Avatar the most is that I genuinely crack up with Saka's antics.

Old 09 September 2007   #42
Originally Posted by ParamountCell: Was pretty good for a filler episode. The quality and realisim of the animation always amazes me. I was really impressed by the free styling dance boy.

I completely agree, the quality really impresses me too, and when they freestyle dancing began, I was taken back, quality animation for television.

www.MichaelSime.com

Old 10 October 2007   #43
Did anyone notice in the promotional trailer that Iroh blew a great amount of air from his mouth, blowing him back? I thought he only blew fire out of his mouth, that's why the name: Dragon of the West. Does it mean he could bend air?

Old 10 October 2007   #44
@Chrysley I ddint realize that that was Iroh, I thought it was roku, he has allot of hair in that scene.

Old 10 October 2007   #45
Can't beleive I missed this thread. I love this show and the start to the season has me just as hooked as ever.

I think Zoku's Uncle will be the one to teach Ang advanced fire stuff. Zoku is good but his sister surpasses him completely and the Uncle seems like he know's way more than he has let on. It will be interesting to see how things develop with Zoku and his Uncle as the season progresses.

I like Ang getting a little darker too....he is hitting puberty and having to grow up while dealing with being a savior for the entire world so he needs to have some inner conflict.

Leslie

reply share thread