The Avatar: Last Airbender: The Legend of Korra Trailer

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  09 September 2007
Originally Posted by RobertoOrtiz: On a podcast for MTV.com director M. Night Shyamalan tell us why he decided to tackle the movie adpatation of ďAvatar: The Last Airbender.


http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2007/09/1...irbender-movie/


As a director he is great. He know how to move a camera and where to put it, but eventhough he is an exceptional story teller at times he hasn't been producing good stuff lately. Lady in the Water was kind of corny. Also he isn't fond of Visual effects so this one is gonna be tough.
 
  09 September 2007
Originally Posted by RobertoOrtiz: On a podcast for MTV.com director M. Night Shyamalan tell us why he decided to tackle the movie adpatation of ďAvatar: The Last Airbender.


http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2007/09/1...irbender-movie/

For some reason this movie doesnt seem to work for me, can some one sumarise it?
__________________
A Creative Mind
 
  09 September 2007
The complete Book 2 looks like it has now been realesed in America. Thank gods my dad is off to Canada in October

With the current trends of films coming out, my money is its going to be a trilogy. (Unless of course theres going to be more than 3 seasons. Something tells me that this will be the last season to round off the current story line) that condenses each of the televison series into each film.
 
  09 September 2007
Originally Posted by Babybell: The complete Book 2 looks like it has now been realesed in America. Thank gods my dad is off to Canada in October

With the current trends of films coming out, my money is its going to be a trilogy. (Unless of course theres going to be more than 3 seasons. Something tells me that this will be the last season to round off the current story line) that condenses each of the televison series into each film.


yes Shylamana has said it will be a trilogy.
__________________
A Creative Mind
 
  09 September 2007
So tonights the night. Can't wait!
__________________


 
  09 September 2007
Yeah, I just go that last two complete books and they arrived this week. I was waiting until the weekend so that I can do my whole Avatar marathon. Its gonna be kick ass since for the most part I've only gotten to watch a few episodes here and there.
 
  09 September 2007
Originally Posted by Apoclypse: Yeah, I just go that last two complete books and they arrived this week. I was waiting until the weekend so that I can do my whole Avatar marathon. Its gonna be kick ass since for the most part I've only gotten to watch a few episodes here and there.

You are in for a treat.

And I envy the fact that you can see the show with fresh eyes.

Just wait until you see the episode where the kids invade the Earth King Palace. It has to be one of the best things I have seen on TV animation.

-R
__________________
LW FREE MODELS:FOR REAL Home Anatomy Thread
FXWARS
:Daily Sketch Forum:HCR Modeling
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

 
  09 September 2007
Review of season 3 premiere

http://www.usatoday.com/money/media...20-avatar_N.htm
__________________
A Creative Mind
 
  09 September 2007
What did you guys think of the premiere?

I thought it was a good episode, not the best but high quality all the same, gave a good recap of the previous season finale.
__________________
A Creative Mind
 
  09 September 2007
I thought it did what it needed to, caught you up and set the stage for the upcoming book. They had a lot to catch up on, didn't have a lot of freedom to run with.
__________________
-Michael

www.MichaelSime.com
 
  09 September 2007
Originally Posted by RobertoOrtiz: You are in for a treat.

And I envy the fact that you can see the show with fresh eyes.

Just wait until you see the episode where the kids invade the Earth King Palace. It has to be one of the best things I have seen on TV animation.

-R


I just finished book one and now I'm on the second disc of book two. Its great so far the story is pretty deep and the animation is pretty nice. Are they supposed to do 4 seasons, one for each element?
 
  09 September 2007
Wow. I just finished book two and this show is really amazing. i love the complexity of the characters. They have quite a bit of depth. The animation is really good too. I was hoping that the premiere for season 3 would be on Itunes but they haven't put anything up yet.
 
  09 September 2007
Originally Posted by Apoclypse: Wow. I just finished book two and this show is really amazing. i love the complexity of the characters. They have quite a bit of depth. The animation is really good too. I was hoping that the premiere for season 3 would be on Itunes but they haven't put anything up yet.



Yea I agree fully, the emotions touched in this show are rearly touched in animated shows. The writers really know what they are doing.
__________________
A Creative Mind
 
  09 September 2007
They where never going to have too much freedom with the 1st episode of the season. Got to get the audience back up to speed. Still a very emotionaly driven episode, and what a way to end it! (Then again Mai and Zuko kissing right at the begining too. Thats probably going to lead to alot more tention in a later episode)

I forgot Toph could bend metal >_<
 
  09 September 2007
Originally Posted by Babybell: They where never going to have too much freedom with the 1st episode of the season. Got to get the audience back up to speed. Still a very emotionaly driven episode, and what a way to end it! (Then again Mai and Zuko kissing right at the begining too. Thats probably going to lead to alot more tention in a later episode)

I forgot Toph could bend metal >_<


I was wondering when I was watching the first season why the earth benders couldn't bend metal, it always made sense to me that they should since metal comes form earth. Katara should also be able to do a lot more damage to people because we are 80% water so she should literaly be able to suck the water out of people. In-fact I could think of all these crazy things that the benders should be able to do except for the fire nation. I can't really think what else can be done with fire. But it is a show for kids and it needs to simplified so that they can follow I guess.
 
reply share thread



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
CGSociety
Society of Digital Artists
www.cgsociety.org

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump
Miscellaneous

All times are GMT. The time now is 03:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.