The Avatar: Last Airbender: The Legend of Korra Trailer

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 09 September 2007   #1
The Avatar: Last Airbender: The Legend of Korra Trailer

Here is the trailer for the new series:
Here it is! The official trailer released at the 2011 San Diego Comic-Con! Highest resolution Nickelodeon had on their servers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLU0...player_embedded

-R

LEGACY POST:

I thought since the premiere of season three is out in 9 days time it would be a good idea to start an official thread, for this show, since Lost and Heroes also have one.

So lets start getting excited about all types of Avatar coolness.

i found this information interesting, taken from a wiki article.

"Creation

Avatar: The Last Airbender is co-created/produced by Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko at Nickelodeon Animation Studios in Burbank, California. It is animated in South Korea. The first episode of Avatar was created six years following its original conception, a period much longer than the norm for animated shows.[8]

[edit] According

to co-creator Bryan Konietzko, the concept of the program was initially conceived when he took an old sketch of his—a balding, middle-aged man—and turned the character into a child. Bryan then did a drawing in which the boy was shepherding bison through the sky. At the time, Mike DiMartino was studying a documentary about explorers who were trapped in the South Pole. The various aspects all seemed to gradually come together. The two thought:
"There's an air guy along with these water people trapped in a snowy wasteland... and maybe maybe some fire people are pressing down on them..."[9]

The co-creators proceeded to successfully pitch the idea to Nickelodeon VP and executive producer Eric Coleman just two weeks later.

While it was originally set to premiere in November 2004, the first episode of Avatar aired in February 2005. Following the conclusion of the first season of Avatar, Nickelodeon promptly ordered a second twenty-episode season that premiered on March 17, 2006, and concluded on December 1.[4] The third season is scheduled to air on September 21, 2007.[5] "

Last edited by RobertoOrtiz : 07 July 2011 at 12:23 PM.

Old 09 September 2007   #2
I want to publicly ream the person who introduced me to this show. Thanks for getting me hooked ya basti*h!

Really looking forward to the start of season 3. The writers have done a nice job of creating characters with depth. You actually care about them or hate them. They have also made the story zig when you think it would zag. Things don't always work out like you would think.

It is also approachable by a wide variety of age groups.

Old 09 September 2007   #3
The best thing about the show is that no character is actually a villain, they always have some kind of reason as to why they make the choices they do.

Who else wants to speculate that fire lord is a former avatar, or has avatar like powers?

Old 09 September 2007   #4
Here is the season 3 trailer...

>>LINK<<

I am DYING to see this show.

-R
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

Old 09 September 2007   #5
I doubt it, but I'm sure he will be pretty bad ass.

My prediction is that Ang kills Prince Zuko.

Old 09 September 2007   #6
Congratulations to Sang-Jin Kim, animator at Nickelodeon for his Emmy win over the weekend for his work on the "Lake Logai" episode of "Avatar:The Last Airbender". He won in the OUTSTANDING INDIVIDUAL ACHIEVEMENT IN ANIMATION category.

YouTube Channel
Char Maya Character Rig

Old 09 September 2007   #7
I will say only this:

Toph is the master of all she surveys.

Old 09 September 2007   #8
Originally Posted by ndat: I doubt it, but I'm sure he will be pretty bad ass.

My prediction is that Ang kills Prince Zuko.

You think ang will kill? It doesnt seem in his nature, unless he has turned all cold since his last run in with Zuko. I think that Zuko or Iroh, may well end up teaching ang firebending, ang will defeat the firelord, and zuko will become the new firelord.

However nothing is ever as it seems in this great show, so I could be totaly wrong.

The reason I think that the firelord, will have avatar like powers is because at the end of the trailer it shows a man wearing the fire crown bending all four elements, you also see a brief clip of him reaching avatar state.

I could be wrong that may well be the avatar roku in his younger days.

Last edited by ParamountCell : 09 September 2007 at 09:56 AM.

Old 09 September 2007   #9
yea she rocks

Last edited by ParamountCell : 09 September 2007 at 09:57 AM.

Old 09 September 2007   #10
Avatar great movie! I wait for 3 season!
Keep it up Aang!

Old 09 September 2007   #11
Reviewof the first episode (spoilers)

REVIEW

[/QUOTE=] In what is certainly one of the better evolutions of a character personality in Avatar: the Last Airbender, Aang is no longer the all-smiles peace-loving nomad, but rather, he's a vengeful adolescent who wants to get his hands dirty (however paradoxically, to wash his hands clean of all the suffering he's apparently caused). I guess getting killed and coming back to life will do that to you (Aang: "I went down... I didn't just get hurt, did I? It was worse than that. I was gone…"). [/QUOTE]

Ndat after looking at the new darker ang, and reading the quote from the review I think perhaps, and may be more vengeful than I thought.

Last edited by ParamountCell : 09 September 2007 at 10:32 AM.

Old 09 September 2007   #12
preview clip of season 3

This is interesting, it turns out that the guy is a younger avatar roku.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfnH2iZt-ME

Old 09 September 2007   #13
Originally Posted by ParamountCell: yea she rocks

amen
I LOVE watching The Avatar! I even got my mom hooked on the show =)

Old 09 September 2007   #14
Ign interviews creators

http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/818/818284p1.html

Old 09 September 2007   #15
Shyamalan Talks Avatar

On a podcast for MTV.com director M. Night Shyamalan tell us why he decided to tackle the movie adpatation of “Avatar: The Last Airbender.

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2007/09/1...irbender-movie/
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

reply share thread