Wacoms and hand's sweat, how you deal with it?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2007
Wacoms and hand's sweat, how you deal with it?

Hi everybody

I've Intuos3 A6 Wide at home and A4 at work, and frankly, it's very uncomfortable to use them in a hot season, when your hands sweating and so there are a lot of friction. Am I the only one in this weird situation? What do you do in this situation (besides washing your hands every 5 min)?
I was looking for some solution in "extreme gaming" area and I've found this: STEEL GAMING GLOVE.
It isn't designed for tablet users in particular, but since it's purpose is to reduce friction between your hand and the surface, it should work?!

08 August 2007
Can't say i've ever experienced a wacom hand-sweat issue. It just sounds like you need some air conditioning.

08 August 2007
1. Get Intuos2 . It has better surface which avoid much of friction you have when using this glassy cover in Intuos3, and whole tablet is thiner and pen is more flexible than successor yey...
2. ...or wear some material on your hand.

08 August 2007
My hands don't sweat, so if there is sweat on my hands it's from somewhere higher and it just rolled down. Basically just wear one of the puffy bracelets to soak it up before it gets there, I use them for playing guitar where it's hot... But yeah I can't say I've ever gotten sweaty while drawing lol...

08 August 2007
Yeah, i sometimes get this itthue during the summer months. Best fix = small desk fan aimed at your intuous hand. Evaporate and cool!

Last edited by Jhonus : 08 August 2007 at 01:14 AM.

08 August 2007
Instead of buying some expensive "gaming glove," you could probably just cut the fingers off of a cheap, thin cloth glove and wear that...

08 August 2007
same problem here but solved

Well had the same problems coz of the new glossy surface of Intouse 3 and in these hot summer days ..well main issue was bad friction that affects drawin too much. Soo i found cheap thin cotton gloves primary for cleanin dust (around 1eur) in supermarket nearby. And not only its gettin normal again but even better coz friction is lower than before aand tablet stays clean all the time . For me, it worked out

08 August 2007
Good to know I'm not the only one.

Thanks for advises guys, I'm going to look for some of them.

08 August 2007
I remember seeing a video of the Blur guys working and someone had a white glove on when using the Wacom. I've always wondered what it was for...

08 August 2007
I tend to get sweat sometimes. I wash hands occasionally and even rinse my pen (VERY CAREFULLY!). Maybe some talcom powder might work.

When you say white glove do you mean a rubber one or a cloth one. if its rubber, then wouldn't that hinder you hand movement if its gliding over the tablet and causing friction there too?

08 August 2007
I use paper masking tape...it creates a different kind of friction which I prefer...also soaks up sweat so you have to change it every so often!

08 August 2007
I've done some research and it seems that SmudgeGuard isn't a bad solution after all, and not so expensive.

http://www.smudgeguard.com/

And if you need to know you hand's size in order to buy that glove, see here:

http://www.walkabout.com/shop/size_glove.asp

I think I'm gonna order it considering that international shipping is pretty cheap (glove+shipping=12.56$).

Thanks for mentioned this product

08 August 2007
Why not just use a tissue paper or handkerchief between your hand and the tablet?

08 August 2007
sounds like a job for UnderArmor

http://www.underarmour.com/ProductD...0&pf_id=8000177

They make great stuff for wicking away the sweat. Maybe cut the fingers out or something.

Thread Closed share thread