V ray for blender or others?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

02 February 2018
V ray for blender or others?

General questions for V ray users

1. Is v ray for blender water down? Its open source so I am assuming it is not limited in any way as far as features goes?

2. I don't want to buy a full PKG. like modo,Rhino,c4d if I am just going to import models with my own textures and render them i guess is what I'm saying.

02 February 2018
There is also the FREE AMD Radeon ProRender for Blender:

https://pro.radeon.com/en/software/prorender/blender/

Its a pathtracer like VRay. It can't be too bad since Maxon has just integrated it into C4D.

02 February 2018
Originally Posted by isxaari: General questions for V ray users

1. Is v ray for blender water down? Its open source so I am assuming it is not limited in any way as far as features goes?

2. I don't want to buy a full PKG. like modo,Rhino,c4d if I am just going to import models with my own textures and render them i guess is what I'm saying.

Vray for blender is not free afaik. Only the exporter plugin is free which connects Blender with Vray standalone (which you need to buy).

But I thought the cycles renderer, which is included with Blender, is pretty descent, no?

02 February 2018
The 2 free render engines for Blender are Cycles and AMD ProRender.

Both are pathtracers capable of giving decent results. AMD ProRender also uses CPU and GPU at the same time.

02 February 2018
Why not to use Cycles from builtin for Blender thus it is free? Cycles is also very powerful (near and it looks like often comparable to indigo!) and fast rendering when you use the denoise

Vray is very good and fast too, of course if you want you can use it too and you need to master all parameters cause there are alot to tweak. But I think in the product for renderer is Indigo this looks pretty solid and high realistic ! Quite fast too ! All depend the tools you use, you test all and see what is best suit to you.

reply share thread