Would sword models sell well in Turbo squid?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 08 August 2014   #31
Originally Posted by lynnfredricks: Kind of makes you wonder if the vendor got permission to use that image (or owns it), and if TS checked on that when they ran it through their standards test.

I guess the seller wanted at least one attractive model on his page.

Old 08 August 2014   #32
Maybe you would have better luck with guns. I hear shooters are the in thing these days.
www.perryshulakcreative.com

Old 08 August 2014   #33
Originally Posted by PerryDS: Maybe you would have better luck with guns. I hear shooters are the in thing these days.

Finally, one relevant answer...

I will do that, thanks.

Old 08 August 2014   #34
Swords and guns both sell well, important is to behead everybody else in terms of quality and price so that you are the only one selling the specific sword asset. Another benefit of delivering high quality is that your asset can live on for years which is like forever in cg.

Old 08 August 2014   #35
Try doing a very detailed rapier. And in so doing throw down the gauntlet on 'swords'.
(sorry i was away on vacation so...me too)

Old 08 August 2014   #36
You'd get better sales when you create packs/collections of models in the same style. "Cursed Swords", "Swords of Light", "Japanese Swords", "Steam Punk Swords". "Ancient Swords" (Greek Roman, Egyptian, Phoenician, etc.)

Those would be useful for indy game devs, for example. Then provide high poly and low poly versions in the same package.

Probably. Otherwise you'd be undercutting yourself (sorry, pun intended ;-P )

Old 08 August 2014   #37
Originally Posted by Telemachus: There's a sword in that picture? To be serious though, perhaps it's for the best that there's something to distract from that sword. I would not pay money for it.

There's no sword in that picture, you LIE!!!

Old 08 August 2014   #38
Have you guys seen his description of that sword model?

Quote: Charming blade

It's last owner was a great diplomat, with an alluring aura that drew women to him, some of it was imparted to his constant companion.

+1 to int
+1 to speed

10% chance to avoid damage

Anyway, back on topic. Before you actually model something, search if there are already other similar models, check their quality and price. There's no point in making something that there's already hundreds of models of. Unless you can do it better. Just don't be an undercutter, nobody likes that and you will not make any real income by selling 5$ models... Good luck

reply share thread