Would sword models sell well in Turbo squid?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 08 August 2014   #16
Yes, you should forge ahead with your plan and see if it works..

.. well if you can't beat them..

Old 08 August 2014   #17
I doubt so... Turbosquid is mostly visited by computer nerds. There are not many knights left browsing TS these days, so i would rather count on iPhones and chairs.

Old 08 August 2014   #18
All very sharp observations (eheee eheee eheee)

Old 08 August 2014   #19
If he thinks he's good enough then it's worth taking a swing at it, try to pommel the competition.

Last edited by imashination : 08 August 2014 at 08:30 AM.

Old 08 August 2014   #20
If they don't sell well, you can always try slashing your prices. But don't forget TurboSquid will take a slice too.

Old 08 August 2014   #21
Originally Posted by Decency: If they don't sell well, you can always try slashing your prices. But don't forget TurboSquid will take a slice too.

Yes they have to take a cut of the sale. That's the whole point of it.

Old 08 August 2014   #22
...all kidding aside for the moment, TS is not the only available online POS for your product/s, so in that vein I'd recommend some self marketing research in order to leverage "an" appropriate price point across the board, then proceed accordingly.

Old 08 August 2014   #23
Originally Posted by Horganovski: Yes, you should forge ahead with your plan and see if it works..

I see what you did there.

Old 08 August 2014   #24
They might if you have a presentation and description like this guy (possibly NSFW ) http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/charming-obj/579752

Old 08 August 2014   #25
Originally Posted by mali22: They might if you have a presentation and description like this guy (possibly NSFW ) http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/charming-obj/579752

There's a sword in that picture? To be serious though, perhaps it's for the best that there's something to distract from that sword. I would not pay money for it.

Old 08 August 2014   #26
I remember in the early days of turbosquid, even rocks were for sale. (and Im talking the box+noise kind of type)

Old 08 August 2014   #27
Excellent calibre models might sell well.

(Scraping the barrel there)

Old 08 August 2014   #28
Originally Posted by luisRiera: I remember in the early days of turbosquid, even rocks were for sale. (and Im talking the box+noise kind of type)

Someone beat you to it

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models...ur-stone/440163

Old 08 August 2014   #29
And... the puns are getting blunt....

Old 08 August 2014   #30
Originally Posted by mali22: They might if you have a presentation and description like this guy (possibly NSFW ) http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/charming-obj/579752

Kind of makes you wonder if the vendor got permission to use that image (or owns it), and if TS checked on that when they ran it through their standards test.

reply share thread