Old 10-30-2013, 04:57 PM   #16
redbellpeppers
Lord of the posts
portfolio
Chris
Standing, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypercube
As cool as the comic storyline this comes from is, I'm almost disappointed to see Singer X-Men taking over Vaughn's X-Men, since Vaughn did a great job (IMO) rebooting the series after Ratner completely screwed it up. Even though there was continuity with the other films in First Class it was more around the edges and they weren't locked in to anything. Now it's looking like 75% Singer X-Men and 25% Vaughn.

Don't get me wrong, I really liked X1 and X2 for the most part, but after some really disappointing movies from Singer since, I am hesitant.

Still, considering they haven't even shown the Sentinels in actual moving form or a great many things that could or should be in there, I am still very interested.

P.S. McAvoy becoming Patrick Stewart I can get with, but how on earth is burly Fassbender supposed to end up as tiny Ian McKellen? Does his power eventually shrink his skeleton?

(Ironically I just looked it up and McAvoy is 3 inches shorter than Stewart and McKellen is allegedly only 1 inch shorter than Fassbender! But the perceived differences are huge.)

I'd like to see some squaring away with how Xavier took a bullet in 1970, making him paralyzed with Magneto splitting the factions... only to have Xavier walking fine with best bud McKellen in 1985.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fablefox
I got it!

TVTrope says it's soundtrack dissonance

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...trackDissonance

film school called it couterpoint

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/counterpoint

"The music works in counterpoint to the images on the screen."

That, does not work in this trailer. Either they need to pick different scene, or different song.

I like the current Dead Rising TV commercial. So happy together...

Old 10-30-2013, 04:57 PM   #17
CGTalk Moderation
Expert
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread