Surface pro 2 photoshop lag?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2013   #16
Originally Posted by balistic: You might want to try turning off the GPU acceleration in PS.

Yeah i gave that a shot as well. Also tried running the app in windows 8 capability mode. Also tried demo versions of photoshop cc 64 bit and 32 bit and same issue. But most other apps run fine.

Old 10 October 2013   #17
I found a solution to photoshop sloow brush speed for anyone interested. Someone from adobe suggested this and so far and it seems to works Pretty much open photoshop and let it sit for 10 minutes and then use it. It seems to function much better for me, its ALOT faster now and im really enjoying it . Its pretty cool now. Well thats it...Goodluck out there to anyone with similar issues.

Old 10 October 2013   #18
Do you have to do that everytime you start it up? Or is it a 1-time thing?

Old 10 October 2013   #19
Originally Posted by CoreyArtE: I found a solution to photoshop sloow brush speed for anyone interested. Someone from adobe suggested this and so far and it seems to works Pretty much open photoshop and let it sit for 10 minutes and then use it. It seems to function much better for me, its ALOT faster now and im really enjoying it . Its pretty cool now. Well thats it...Goodluck out there to anyone with similar issues.

That's weird. Wonder why that works.

Old 10 October 2013   #20
Originally Posted by Panupat: Do you have to do that everytime you start it up? Or is it a 1-time thing?

I tested photoshop cs6 again this morning and it was back to being laggy. Then i closed photoshop reopened it and let it sit for about 10 minutes and it was faster again.

I closed photoshop and reopened it and it was slow again. So it seems everytime u open photoshop you have to let it sit before you can use it if you want speedy brushes. Well atleast in my case.

Yes Sheepfactory it is strange indeed, makes me wonder if I should wait for surface pro 3 at the end of 2014 (lighter faster better battery) or just deal with this for now because its not terrible (its really cool when things work) but for me personally it could use alittle work.

Old 10 October 2013   #21
Seems to me that photoshop, when started, is trying to either load a bunch of stuff in memory and with only 4GB of ram it cause windows to start to swap things out... This can take a while before it stabilize enough for you to start working with PS adequatelly.

Check to see if there is an option in PS to not pre-load brushes, fonts, palettes and texture at launch and set it to off.

Old 10 October 2013   #22
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread