Ch-ch-ch-chaaaanges

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2013   #16

Think BIG.

Last edited by CGIPadawan : 08 August 2013 at 11:48 PM.

Old 08 August 2013   #17
I guess changes have been extremely subtle so far :P

Old 08 August 2013   #18
Originally Posted by leigh: Yup! Although there are some other changes coming down the line too, including some pretty big ones at some point in the next few months.

/hype

CGSociety's bought out by Autodesk and the forums will be closed in favour of 'The Area'.

You heard it here first!

Old 08 August 2013   #19
Originally Posted by DutchDimension: CGSociety's bought out by Autodesk and the forums will be closed in favour of 'The Area'.

You heard it here first!

And it is moving to a monthly "cloud" subscription model....

Old 08 August 2013   #20
Originally Posted by DutchDimension: CGSociety's bought out by Autodesk and the forums will be closed in favour of 'The Area'.

You heard it here first!

Old 08 August 2013   #21

You heard it here first!

Everybody loves the Area! The changes include CGS adopting the same forums platform and retina searing default colour scheme.

Old 08 August 2013   #22
Originally Posted by JWRodegher: I guess changes have been extremely subtle so far :P

I believe they changed the red a little bit. A bit more passion. It's provocative really.

J/k probably some tech-hurdles to leap yet, excited to see changes. CGTalk has been part of my "to-go sites" for such a while now -see join date- (and part of my sense of community)

Old 08 August 2013   #23
I am not really in the societies industry, but I bet this site could do with some changes for the better. Not to say that I don't appreciate what is already here.

Old 08 August 2013   #24
Sorry guys, there was a delay in the launch of our changes, but I've been so busy with my other life as a rock photographer, shooting a metal festival out here in Derbyshire, that I forgot to let you all know!

Look out for news this coming week...

Old 08 August 2013   #25
The changes are live

It took a bit longer than we thought, but they're live now.

Old 08 August 2013   #26
Wow, thanks. I see light gray stripes of ui!

But most of, somebody or something fixes post editor. I cannot open it for posting in firefox... needs to open opera for it.

Thank you!

Last edited by ilay : 08 August 2013 at 06:42 AM.

Old 08 August 2013   #27
Looking great AND useful. Much much better than the old design.

Old 08 August 2013   #28
It's OK. Not as different as I was expecting. I like the new font. The CG Society logo doesn't appear on older browsers for some reason, but what kind of Luddite would be using such an old browser nowadays, eh? >_>. The grey strip is interesting. I'm reminded of when Autodesk lightened the interface of 3DS a few years ago. I think it could be a few shades darker but it's not a big deal by any means. Overall, very nice.

EDIT: I should add that the feature that highlights thread titles in bold when there's a new post that you haven't checked, doesn't appear to be working.

Last edited by Telemachus : 08 August 2013 at 04:53 PM.

Old 08 August 2013   #29
I was wondering if the portfolio is getting some love in this pretty cool updates!

Old 08 August 2013   #30
Seriously underwhelmed (but the hype was good)!

Thread Closed share thread