NEW! 3D Tools for You to Display Your Models

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2013   #16
This is incredibly cool.

Old 08 August 2013   #17
Looks like a nice new feature. It works for me in Chrome and Pale Moon (a Firefox variant). I have a few questions though. Is this system only suitable for working with low polygon models, and if so, what's the triangle and texture size limit? Secondly, how is copyright handled once your models have been uploaded? If you choose to delete your model from the server, does it remain there, merely hidden but still accessible to anyone with a direct link? Thanks.

Old 08 August 2013   #18
Hi Mo,

Your work stays yours, 100%. Further, there is no way to retrieve the original asset from our service, we convert it into a proprietary format for rendering. If you delete your project, even that is gone.

As a real-time application, Verold obviously loads and runs faster with low-poly optimized content. However, we also have deep roots in the ZBrush community and with model optimization, and our system handles high-poly sculpts quite well. We've even got some optimization features in Beta that will automatically prepare extremely high poly 3d scans for realtime display. So yes, you're covered for pretty much anything you'd want to show off!

Some general guidelines: keep the number of meshes below ~50, and your polys below a couple million. If you're dealing with more than that, you can use our ZBrush uploader or I can get you access to our Beta API for uploading/optimizing high poly scans/sculpts.

Hope that helps!

Ross

Old 08 August 2013   #19
Originally Posted by rossmckegney: Hi Mo,

Your work stays yours, 100%. Further, there is no way to retrieve the original asset from our service, we convert it into a proprietary format for rendering. If you delete your project, even that is gone.

As a real-time application, Verold obviously loads and runs faster with low-poly optimized content. However, we also have deep roots in the ZBrush community and with model optimization, and our system handles high-poly sculpts quite well. We've even got some optimization features in Beta that will automatically prepare extremely high poly 3d scans for realtime display. So yes, you're covered for pretty much anything you'd want to show off!

Some general guidelines: keep the number of meshes below ~50, and your polys below a couple million. If you're dealing with more than that, you can use our ZBrush uploader or I can get you access to our Beta API for uploading/optimizing high poly scans/sculpts.

Hope that helps!

Ross

That's good to hear. Useful information, thanks.

Old 08 August 2013   #20
Great work guys!
-R
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

Old 08 August 2013   #21
Originally Posted by Telemachus: Is this system only suitable for working with low polygon models, and if so, what's the triangle and texture size limit?

Originally Posted by rossmckegney: Some general guidelines: keep the number of meshes below ~50, and your polys below a couple million. If you're dealing with more than that, you can use our ZBrush uploader or I can get you access to our Beta API for uploading/optimizing high poly scans/sculpts.

When I was beta testing the ZBrush uploader the poly limit was 250,000 per mesh. Ross, is that a couple million total, or per mesh?
wyattharris.com Dig it!

Old 08 August 2013   #22
Tortosaur/KillKat 3D Model

I wanted to add my models to this amazing thread! What a cool way for artist to show off their work!

[VEROLD]4fe6093a26392401000015ef[/VEROLD]

[VEROLD]4fe0e2c3fd4c30010000b38e[/VEROLD]

Enjoy!

3D Character Artist

My Art Blog

My Digital3DModels Shop

Old 08 August 2013   #23
Originally Posted by WyattHarris: When I was beta testing the ZBrush uploader the poly limit was 250,000 per mesh. Ross, is that a couple million total, or per mesh?

We've since improved our format and loader, can handle much larger models than we used to. That said, since smaller is faster, we still decimate/remesh down to a max of 250K with the optimization tools in our uploader (for now, at least - updates to the ZBrush uploader coming soon).

Old 08 August 2013   #24
Very cool! And now no more need for the 'hey can you post a wire too?' question

Cheers,
Brian

Old 08 August 2013   #25
Originally Posted by Archvilell: [verold]51f41af3a9107602000003cb[/verold]

This is my recreation of the Archvile from the original Doom games. I've always thought the Archvile was the most fearsome enemy in Doom, but I wasn't satisfied with his treatment in Doom3.
Ben

I am humbled that anyone one would recreate one of my creations..thanks!!

I like your take on it.

I have considering revisiting some of my old school characters from doom lately...

Old 08 August 2013   #26
Greg, yes, please do!

Maybe we could see some of those works in Verold

Ross

Old 08 August 2013   #27
Thumbs up

Very cool.!! This will probably be the future of portfolios!
Does it work with volumetric? particles? Alembic?!

Good Job

Old 08 August 2013   #28
I can't get over how amazing this thing is. Is it possible to embed these at our own websites as well?

Old 08 August 2013   #29
Originally Posted by rossmckegney: You can zoom using your trackpad, mouse wheel, or the up/down arrow keys. Though keep in mind that the widget window is quite small, and if you really want to zoom in to see fine detail, you may want to click the fullscreen button first.

Ross

Hi there...
I'm using a Wacom pen tablet and would be nice if the pen's middle click acted as a zoom; right now does nothing and i have to use the scroll wheel or the keyboard to zoom, which breaks the "interactive" fun...

Old 08 August 2013   #30
I have not a chance to try this , but
How about Lightwave support guys?
(And yes there are a few of us out there)
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

Thread Closed share thread