360 panoramic 4D projections

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2013
Thumbs up 360 panoramic 4D projections

Hi guys,

Need help from you.

Anyone link or ideas where i could find and suggests how to execute a 3D animated material into a 360 panoramic 4D projections wc all 7 prjoectors are placed equally on a 360 degree panoramic wall and projecting its animated video materials, making them like a seamless panoramic view however the projected beams coming from its 7 projectors are unblockable wc means any solid object(s) is continued and be reflected continously at the back of the solid object making like it passes thru the solid object wc make it a 4D effect.

Hope you could give bright ideas and solution.
thanks

08 August 2013
It can be done, but you'll need more than 7 projectors. Theres only so wide you can project an image, whilst you could probably just about do it with 7 projectors, if you want multiple layers for depth, youll need extra to double up and fill in.

It will also be expensive, if youre looking to do it properly, then the sort of people that do this often fly all over the world to set up installations because simply put, not that many people can do it.

If youre looking to do this as a commercial project rather than just "Hey Ive got 7 spare projectors, I wonder if I can do this for a laugh" then drop me a PM and I can put you in contact with a company thats done it before. But keep in mind, it will be tens of thousands, if not 100's

08 August 2013
Originally Posted by imashination: It can be done, but you'll need more than 7 projectors. Theres only so wide you can project an image, whilst you could probably just about do it with 7 projectors, if you want multiple layers for depth, youll need extra to double up and fill in.

It will also be expensive, if youre looking to do it properly, then the sort of people that do this often fly all over the world to set up installations because simply put, not that many people can do it.

If youre looking to do this as a commercial project rather than just "Hey Ive got 7 spare projectors, I wonder if I can do this for a laugh" then drop me a PM and I can put you in contact with a company thats done it before. But keep in mind, it will be tens of thousands, if not 100's

Thanks imashination for that info,
but actual the projectors are 14 in total, and the reason why i only mentioned 7 projectors equally distributed on a 360 degree panoramic wall is bcoz it would be easier to explain that way rather introducing to everyone how the other 7 was located and might give confusion how the projectors were setup. Anyway, the 2 projectors are on top of each other, making 2 projectors per degree of angle that serves and acts like a human eye (left eye and right eye).

The only question have right now is how can i make to project the animated material on those 7 projectors ( 14 total) as seamless as 4D effect?

Hope more infos can be discuss here thanks.!!!

08 August 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread