Report: Superman/Batman Movie Planned

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by teruchan: "Bale told Empire magazine last year he would consider returning for a fourth instalment if Nolan came to him with a great story."

So, if Mr Bale isn't in the movie we will at least know its shit!

Currently working on...HCR #42

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by Boone: Actually, I do enjoy reading comics and have been doing so for many years. How you came to that conclusion is a mystery, because like films, games and music - everyone has their tastes.

Saying that, I don't mind some cross overs. From a Predator fan's point of view...Aliens vs Predator would have been awesome. However, it should have been Predator 3, not advertising it as "AVP: THE ULTIMATE SMACK DOWN!!!". Predator 2 threw the idea out there and that's where they should have gone with the third film - not an inferior rehash of Predator 1. Colonial Marines...bug hunts and Predators hunting the most dangerous game...Aliens come out of the walls and Predators disappearing into thin air...but the marines have dropships, pulse rifles and sentry guns....

...SERIOUSLY HOW DID THEY FUCK IT UP????

But for Superman/Batman...it would be like constantly switching channels between a vigilante-detective action-thriller and a Super hero epic fantasy where anything goes. That's the feeling I got from those certain comics.

You're saying you thought Dark Knight Returns, one of the greatest American comics ever, was like that? And you wonder why people just assumed you don't read comics at all?

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by Grrrrrrr: One thing I fear is that this will be a movie about Batman more than Superman. And please don't make Superman lose the fight between the two. Please!!! It's just lame and forced no matter the amount of kryptonite.

Or Power Suit using all the electrical power of Gotham City.

07 July 2013
I think that given the success of the Batman movies, MOS and Avengers; Mr. Bale is in a position to earn a historical sum if he does it. Honestly, he was no slouch before Batman...like...since he was 7, and moving forward from there.

Robert Downey Jr. will probably break some cashflow record with Avengers 2 backend and everyone knows it, who knows, maybe he get a fatter % over a billion or something?...he seemed pretty sincere about hanging up the armor and making jokes about having armored trucks of money required to get him to do this or that, even drawing a shot off the bough from Joss, referring to James Bond implying replaceability.

Whatever Christian Bale has said in the past became moot after MOS's success. With 3 mega Batman movies done and this new plan, if Robert Downey was able to get some crazy record deal, so too can Christian Bale.

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by Stankluv:
Robert Downey Jr. will probably break some cashflow record with Avengers 2 backend and everyone knows it, who knows, maybe he get a fatter % over a billion or something?...he seemed pretty sincere about hanging up the armor and making jokes about having armored trucks of money required to get him to do this or that, even drawing a shot off the bough from Joss, referring to James Bond implying replaceability.

Whedon's writing and directing are far more replaceable than Downey's acting.

07 July 2013
well...the point is that he will be replaced someday, like James Bond.

07 July 2013
A problem did just occur to me. For filmitization, they decided to split Batman in two for the last 3 movies. Christian Bale is the tough ninja bat-ass and Morgan Freemen is the super smart gizmo guy...not a lot of detective stuff going on, but if I had to guess Morgan would be better at that too.

Anywho, I bring this up now just to point out a bit of a problem. These two have teemed up a lot in the comics, but the haters around here are right, a lot of it has to boil down to:

Superman: OK, I'll go fly half way around the world and do some super shit, be back in 5.
Batman: OK, I'll stick around here and do some awesome, intellectual detective shit. With gadgets.
Together in Unison: What a great team we make. America!

BUT, the film Batman can't do that. I am hoping and assuming that they just roll with the momentum and build off of what they have done, ideally getting Christian Bale, Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine (Things don't work out with Selina Kyle...) back for more, but there is going to be some trouble for the writers. I imagine that, best case scenario, to my taste, is that Morgan Freeman is out and Christian Bale Batman suddenly remembers all of the studying about Nuclear Physics and it's effect on hair samples he did, in between capers in the far east.

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by malcolmvexxed: You're saying you thought Dark Knight Returns, one of the greatest American comics ever, was like that? And you wonder why people just assumed you don't read comics at all?

Ummm...where did I talk about the comic book of TDK or saying I thought anything of it? And why would you assume I would be someone who enjoys Frank Miller's work and collect all his comics?

LOL, must I have a Batman #14 as well?

Seriously, next you'll be suggesting I actually have to go down to the book store, and purchase a copy of Fifty shades of Grey to say "I read books". LOL, which I can tell you all now is not going to happen! Look, if you don't like my opinion, that is fine; I'm not ramming it down anyone's throat and you are quite free to dismiss it.

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by Boone:
Seriously, next you'll be suggesting I actually have to go down to the book store, and purchase a copy of Fifty shades of Grey to say "I read books".

Right, because that's comparable to talking about Dark Knight Returns when discussing comic stories with Batman and Superman in them. Seriously your grasp of metaphors, SMH.

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by Stankluv: BUT, the film Batman can't do that. I am hoping and assuming that they just roll with the momentum and build off of what they have done, ideally getting Christian Bale, Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine (Things don't work out with Selina Kyle...) back for more, but there is going to be some trouble for the writers. I imagine that, best case scenario, to my taste, is that Morgan Freeman is out and Christian Bale Batman suddenly remembers all of the studying about Nuclear Physics and it's effect on hair samples he did, in between capers in the far east.

Bringing Nolan's batman universe forward just wouldn't make sense. Bale hung up the cape in the third film, and to have him come back as batman would really undermine the whole point of that last film, and taint the nolan trilogy.

Plus Superman just would not fit in that universe, it's too down to earth.

It has to be a new batman, I'm surprised people even want Bale. Those movies were amazing, but let's see something new for this batman reboot, not the same actor just reading different lines.

www.MichaelSime.com

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by malcolmvexxed: Right, because that's comparable to talking about Dark Knight Returns when discussing comic stories with Batman and Superman in them. Seriously your grasp of metaphors, SMH.

Well, its not my cup of tea and certainly have no intention of reading it, but hell, a lot of women would slap you in the face if you said otherwise. I certainly am not brave enough to test their wrath! Apparently its a landmark book and I for the sake of my own skin I will not argue the point with them!

I assume you have read it?

07 July 2013
They'll regress back to the previous batman series and bring in George Clooney ...
www.perryshulakcreative.com

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by PerryDS: They'll regress back to the previous batman series and bring in George Clooney ...

The memory is still very evil...I do not wish to Clooney a second time...

07 July 2013
Batman will teach Superman the Batusi and bring peace to the Earth. I'm sure all those fans complaining about Nolan's "overly serious" Batman would be pleased by that.

08 August 2013
Ben Affleck

Ben Affleck is the new Bruice Wayne?!?

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/08/...of-steel-sequel

Last edited by ParamountCell : 08 August 2013 at 02:26 AM.

reply share thread