Report: Superman/Batman Movie Planned

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

07 July 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3oN3EJcfwE
You don't need millions of dollars or major studio backing!!

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by teruchan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3oN3EJcfwE

My point exactly: they look like a pair of twats.

Currently working on...HCR #42

07 July 2013
One thing I fear is that this will be a movie about Batman more than Superman. And please don't make Superman lose the fight between the two. Please!!! It's just lame and forced no matter the amount of kryptonite.

07 July 2013
There won't be a Wonder Woman movie in my lifetime.

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by Boone: Whatever next? Murder She Wrote meets Air Wolf?

I quite like both characters, but together? God no. Its like throwing in Ice Cream with Hash browns...on their own, they're Orson Wells, but together it can only be a soggy mess.

Aside from that being the most mixed metaphor in the history of the language, they have teamed up for multiple good stories in the comics.

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by malcolmvexxed: Aside from that being the most mixed metaphor in the history of the language, they have teamed up for multiple good stories in the comics.

There's also a couple of really good DC Animated Universe films with the two of them.

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by Boone: Whatever next? Murder She Wrote meets Air Wolf?

I quite like both characters, but together? God no. Its like throwing in Ice Cream with Hash browns...on their own, they're Orson Wells, but together it can only be a soggy mess.

You must not read comics, or like them.

Honestly I find Superman to be a much more fascinating character when interacting with Batman. I think he's kind of dull on his own. But the two have a really interesting dynamic together, one I hope the movie nails.

www.MichaelSime.com

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by teruchan: There's also a couple of really good DC Animated Universe films with the two of them.

Also true.

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by DuttyFoot: My thoughts exactly. And whats up with the atrocious logo?

Folks,

Superman and Batman shared team-up storylines in World's Finest Comics for many many decades.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World's_Finest_Comics

Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne are the closest of friends. Further, Kal-El is known for assuming a "Batman" persona in the bottle city of Kandor as the Kryptonian hero Nightwing. Nightwing is in almost every respect Kandor's Batman.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flamebird

Not only does canon support this notion of a team up between Superman and Batman, canon dictates its. Its not a formula up for arbitration or negotiation. It's a real and longstanding relationship between the two characters established by many decades of written canon going back to the 40's. The fact that they are looking at this seriously tells me that someone has their finger on the pulse of DC canon.

As for the logo, if you think it something they just cooked up, then you should look at this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman/Batman

This is 10 years old.

Someone is doing their homework at Warner. After the success of MoS I'm really encouraged that DC, or Warner at least, has finally managed to get it.

And its about time.

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by teruchan: So many scenes from The Dark Knight Rises are lifted directly from the Frank Miller comic book that I highly doubt they have plans to do a live action movie version. Even the ending is too similar.
Considering the logo and the line quoted I can't imagine it being anything else.

Edit:
http://www.slashfilm.com/zack-snyde...knight-returns/
From this article:
Lest there be any confusion, this film is not an adaptation of Miller’s story. Snyder explicitly said “we’re not adapting this thing, but it is the thing that will help us tell that story.”

So I guess elements of The Dark Knight Returns but with Superman as the lead?
wyattharris.com Dig it!

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by Michael5188: You must not read comics, or like them.

Honestly I find Superman to be a much more fascinating character when interacting with Batman. I think he's kind of dull on his own. But the two have a really interesting dynamic together, one I hope the movie nails.

Actually, I do enjoy reading comics and have been doing so for many years. How you came to that conclusion is a mystery, because like films, games and music - everyone has their tastes.

Saying that, I don't mind some cross overs. From a Predator fan's point of view...Aliens vs Predator would have been awesome. However, it should have been Predator 3, not advertising it as "AVP: THE ULTIMATE SMACK DOWN!!!". Predator 2 threw the idea out there and that's where they should have gone with the third film - not an inferior rehash of Predator 1. Colonial Marines...bug hunts and Predators hunting the most dangerous game...Aliens come out of the walls and Predators disappearing into thin air...but the marines have dropships, pulse rifles and sentry guns....

...SERIOUSLY HOW DID THEY FUCK IT UP????

But for Superman/Batman...it would be like constantly switching channels between a vigilante-detective action-thriller and a Super hero epic fantasy where anything goes. That's the feeling I got from those certain comics.

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by Boone: Actually, I do enjoy reading comics and have been doing so for many years. How you came to that conclusion is a mystery, because like films, games and music - everyone has their tastes.

Fair enough. I came to that conclusion though not because you didn't like it, but because you seemed to respond with confusion

"Whatever next? Murder She Wrote meets Air Wolf? "

As if the concept of those two characters being in the same universe was especially odd or a stretch. Which I took as coming from someone who isn't really into comics, since in comics all of these characters tend to exist in the same universe and is actually quite normal.

That's all, not saying you have to like it, just wasn't sure you realized it's a quite common match up.

www.MichaelSime.com

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by teruchan: Could be interesting considering TDK series ended, but in a recent article Christian Bale said that he would gladly return if asked.

Source? All the links I've found say that Bale is done playing Batman for good.

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by roofoo: Source? All the links I've found say that Bale is done playing Batman for good.

I just searched and I notice in newer articles Bale does say that he is done with Batman, and has worn the cape for the last time, but last year, in an interview with Empire Magazine, Bale said, "My understanding is that this is the last one. I think it's appropriate, I think it's going out at the right time. But...if Chris came to me with a script and said, 'You know what? There is another story' then I would love the challenge of making a fourth one work."

"Bale told Empire magazine last year he would consider returning for a fourth instalment if Nolan came to him with a great story."

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by Michael5188: Fair enough. I came to that conclusion though not because you didn't like it, but because you seemed to respond with confusion

"Whatever next? Murder She Wrote meets Air Wolf? "

As if the concept of those two characters being in the same universe was especially odd or a stretch. Which I took as coming from someone who isn't really into comics, since in comics all of these characters tend to exist in the same universe and is actually quite normal.

That's all, not saying you have to like it, just wasn't sure you realized it's a quite common match up.

Fair play, Michael.

reply share thread