Grand Theft Auto V, gameplay footage

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2013
Grand Theft Auto V, gameplay footage

Here on Youtube. I have to say it looks extremely impressive, the environment seems to be huge and what looks like a raft of mini games. The scale and production values of some of these new AAA games seem to be going through the roof!

07 July 2013
So excited! It's going to be amazing. The amount of work that goes into these games is insane. I wonder how developed the activities such as tennis, biking, hunting etc. are going to be?

07 July 2013
This game looks immense. Looks like Rockstar have really raised the bar.

Lloyd Harvey
Twitter Me
www.lloydharvey.co.uk
www.oniworld.co.uk

07 July 2013
This game will probably take up a lot of my time that along with Rome Total War 2.

07 July 2013
This looks dope, look forward to seeing how their storylines are resolved this time around it's always my favorite part of these games.

Also killing people and wrecking cars.

07 July 2013
Very very good work.

Note: No Playstation 4 version. One has to wonder if the current gaps in development will cause an illusion that the new systems have no new games.

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by CGIPadawan: Note: No Playstation 4 version. One has to wonder if the current gaps in development will cause an illusion that the new systems have no new games.

I don't look forward to very many games, but this looks amazing. I'm very happy this is on the 360 so I don't have to buy that piece of junk Xbone. Sure, the graphics aren't quite up to CoD or Halo or whatever, but you know the worlds are going to be huge and you'll be able to do almost anything in them. That sort of freedom & endless sandbox fun is way more appealing to me than the latest fog and lighting shaders, fluid dynamics, or 50k poly characters.

07 July 2013
I have an Xbox now. Between maybe this, the Bioshock Sequel, Dead Space 3&1, old Assassin's Creed...we all have a list of the games that got away... AND wanting a PS3 for "Last of Us", puts my desire to get a next gen system really low...need a new...Idk...Virtua Fighter or something for me to upgrade at this point.

07 July 2013
Holy. Freaking. ####.

07 July 2013
this game looks incredible. visuals, animation, scale, activities...

specific improvements i noticed:

hand animations. it was something we saw them working on in gta 4 and red dead, but still hadn't gotten it quite right. that problem seems to have been solved. all of the characters' animated hands in this most recent trailer look impeccably detailed.

skin shaders. unlike past rockstar games which have had fairly simple shaders, they seem to have worked on and improved the look of the sss shader on characters immensely.

draw distance and texture detail. even at quite a distance, if you stop and examine some of the frames on the mountains from far off, you can still spot bicycle trails and individual rock formations.

lastly, i cant believe they've been able to squeeze this much power out of the current gen of consoles. it will be very interesting to see how well the game performs on ps3 vs 360

07 July 2013
Havent seen the video yet but I already plan to get the PC version.

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by rblitz7: So excited! It's going to be amazing. The amount of work that goes into these games is insane. I wonder how developed the activities such as tennis, biking, hunting etc. are going to be?

Considering all of these elements show up in other Rockstar games (Red Dead, Ping Pong), maybe there's a good chance that they'll each be will implemented.

07 July 2013
Dang! Holy crap !

07 July 2013
I'm not looking forward to having to fire myself when this comes out.

07 July 2013
woooww that's insanely huge! I had bad experiences with ACIV huge world. Massively bored. Hope GTAV is more fun this time.

Thread Closed share thread