Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 07-03-2013, 12:59 AM   #1
danshewan
Disposable antihero

portfolio
Dan Shewan
USA

Satellite Reign

I'm sure more than a few of us remember Syndicate on either the PC or Amiga - and the less-than-stellar EA "reboot" that bore little resemblance to the original aside from the name. Personally, I've been waiting for years for a true successor to Syndicate, and it looks like the time has finally come.

A few of you may have already seen this, but if you haven't, and always wanted a real Syndicate game, Satellite Reign looks like what we've been waiting for.

I'm not pimping this as a crowdsourcing project (since, sadly, I'm not involved in any way), but I don't see how anybody who fondly remembers the persuadatron could not be excited by this. The devs over at 5 Lives Studios seem to have an excellent grasp of what a new Syndicate game not only could be, but should be.

There's an excellent interview with project lead Mike Diskett (one of the devs who worked on the original Syndicate / Syndicate Wars) over at Rock Paper Shotgun that's essential reading for anyone interested in the project. Personally, I can't remember the last time I was this excited about a game - especially a Kickstarter-funded project. If even half of what Diskett has planned for this title makes it into the final release, we're in for a treat.

Really kind of surprised this wasn't posted already. Unless, of course, it was, and the CGTalk search function really hasn't gotten any better, which I doubt.

Old 07-03-2013, 02:02 AM   #2
rhinton
John Smallberries
portfolio
Russell Hinton
Tourist City, USA

Agreed the new Syndicate was a poor imitation.
Fun as a shooter with friends, but that's just about all it was.

Hopefully these guys can pull off something that will bring back that nostalgia I really wanted.

Old 07-03-2013, 04:14 AM   #3
CGIPadawan
Part-Time Blenderite

Giancarlo Ng
Quezon City, Philippines

Send a message via Yahoo to CGIPadawan
It's funny how you listen to their roundtable, and then presume that they are talking about "5 Lives" as an indie developer vs "Corporations".

The game sounds nice, but a bit disappointed there seems to be no option to play as Corporation-affiliated agents.

Last edited by CGIPadawan : 07-03-2013 at 04:19 AM.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:01 AM   #4
Pyke
White Zulu

portfolio
Christopher Bischoff
Lead artist & game designer.
The Brotherhood
Johannesburg, South Africa

Send a message via MSN to Pyke

I think this is looking awesome! My brother and I actually played around with a Syndicate clone not to long ago, although it would have been a 2.5D game (2D cities, 3D characters), so seeing how they pull it off will be very exciting!

Old 07-03-2013, 07:01 AM   #5
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread