Building Lost

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2013
Building Lost

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the forum and have been trying hard to find good tutorials on creating a building exterior and then interior. I've modeled for a few years back in highschool with 3DS Max. After many long years of stopping because of other life issues. I recently got back into modeling again.

Currently I'm help developing models for a project of a game with my buddies an I. I'm ok with doing the exterior but what I'm stuck on is trying to figure out the interior. Mainly I'll make the building then we want to have an interior but some of the tutorials I find online aren't exactly what I need. I'm trying to keep poly count in mind for the engine as well as making it good quality for others when they play.

Basic example of what needs to be done is a medival inn, pub, blacksmith. Just some ideas so we can be on the same page. Now I'll need an entrance for the door and stair case along with multiple floors. I guess the best way for me to start with asking is being general about the question rather than specific.

How do I even start to make a great looking exterior/interior and all functional for me to be able to allow it to be in game.

Another project I'm trying to manage is making a old colonial city with over 500 buildings an more than half being interactive like this. I'm really trying to figure out the best way to get that quality look like in final fantasy but not hinder the game engine an other client players when they're in the game.

I truly hope someone is able to help. I've self taught myself everything since day one and couldn't afford classes to go to school for it. So I have it as a hobby and truly want to improve to the best of my ability.

06 June 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread