Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 06-22-2013, 09:32 PM   #16
LukeLetellier
Work in Progress

portfolio
Luke Letellier
Portland, Maine, USA

To me, the lighting of OP's example image is too pristine for what's trying to be accomplished. The dramatic lens flare and chromatic aberration scream "cheap after effects" rather than "Cell phone image".

I like the idea of getting some High ISO noise; if you have a dslr that shoots video, take it outside at night, crank up the ISO as high as it will go, and get some video of whatever is near your house. Download your footage, and grab a screenshot of the worst looking noise you can find in your sequence, then overlay it on top of your render.

Also, when you render out the original image, give it a really heavy color tint within your 3D program by adjusting the white balance on your render camera. Save it out as a low res, low quality 8-bit jpeg, take that into photoshop and attempt to correct the white balance. At this point you can overlay the ISO noise, then mess with the contrast to really bring out the noise and flatten the image, as most cell phone cameras have low dynamic range.

Old 06-23-2013, 08:45 AM   #17
Magnus3D
Expert

portfolio
Magnus Rönnkvist
Freelance 3D artist and photographer
Göteborg, Sweden

Send a message via ICQ to Magnus3D Send a message via MSN to Magnus3D Send a message via Yahoo to Magnus3D
I gave aging a shot on one of my midsummer photos from this weekend. Here you can see the before on the left side and the after photo on the right side. It's just a bit of processing with a couple of plugins, some filtering and adding of scratchmaps in Photoshop. Much the same process as you create worn looking materials in Maxwell or any other rendering package you may use. One layer ontop of the other until you get expected results.

/ Magnus

Old 06-23-2013, 08:45 AM   #18
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread