The LEGOŽ Movie - Official Teaser Trailer [

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06 June 2013   #1
The LEGOŽ Movie - Official Teaser Trailer [

http://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...d&v=lPnY2NjSjrg

Nice to see a lot of people think it's stop mo.
 
Old 06 June 2013   #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndeboar
Nice to see a lot of people think it's stop mo.

Mission F'in accomplished, hei?
__________________
Come, Join the Cult http://www.cultofrig.com - Rigging from First Principles
 
Old 06 June 2013   #3
This is my fav:
""Finally, a movie from LEGO that is not 3D animation!""
 
Old 06 June 2013   #4
Why do I get the feeling that the WB's people continue to try and find ways to make some kind of "Justice League" film in whatever way possible?
__________________
"Your most creative work is pre-production, once the film is in production, demands on time force you to produce rather than create."
My ArtStation
 
Old 06 June 2013   #5
This is going to be the next big milestone in Cinema since Citizen Kane.
__________________
Silo, 3D Coat, Blender
C, C++, Java

Currently working on...HCR #42
 
Old 06 June 2013   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGIPadawan
Why do I get the feeling that the WB's people continue to try and find ways to make some kind of "Justice League" film in whatever way possible?

They have the rights to it, they gotta use them somehow

LEGO though, these days, is identified as much with childhood memories of square bricks as much as it is with its massively spanning franchise tie-ins. It's not so much WB as much as a LEGO identity thing and a coincidence

How well director unit has made those things work in the narrative past cheap pop-culture jokes though is remarkable.
It's one of the rare projects I worked on I actually also look forward to seeing in its finished state. Major juggling act.
__________________
Come, Join the Cult http://www.cultofrig.com - Rigging from First Principles
 
Old 06 June 2013   #7
That looks super awesome, they really got the bricks to look realistic.
__________________
The Z-Axis
 
Old 06 June 2013   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThE_JacO
They have the rights to it, they gotta use them somehow

LEGO though, these days, is identified as much with childhood memories of square bricks as much as it is with its massively spanning franchise tie-ins. It's not so much WB as much as a LEGO identity thing and a coincidence

How well director unit has made those things work in the narrative past cheap pop-culture jokes though is remarkable.
It's one of the rare projects I worked on I actually also look forward to seeing in its finished state. Major juggling act.


You know when we were little, we used to do this "Action Figure Wrestling Federation" thing that had GI JOES, Batman, Robocop and all these other figures...

And it was more about tying them into a wrestling storyline... and sort of goofing up some of their known personalities to make it fun for all us kids playing these characters.

I get the same vibe seeing the trailer to this one.

You are correct in that it's about sort of not using the tie-in for the sake of it, but rather tying it into the "play and make believe" aspect of it to service the main story - which of course panders to the strength of LEGO.
__________________
"Your most creative work is pre-production, once the film is in production, demands on time force you to produce rather than create."
My ArtStation
 
Old 06 June 2013   #9
Suddenly this toy from my childhood seems a lot less cool.

but yeah, movie looks really awesome!
__________________
www.richieblitz.com
 
Old 06 June 2013   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rblitz7
Suddenly this toy from my childhood seems a lot less cool.

but yeah, movie looks really awesome!


You had that Set?!?!

That is the COOLEST one because you can use the camera with ANY set and basically start making your own LEGO movie with anything in it.

Rrrrr... the possibilities when they made this thing... too bad that with the improvements in camera tech, they never followed it up.

They could do a Michael Bay one now for example...
__________________
"Your most creative work is pre-production, once the film is in production, demands on time force you to produce rather than create."
My ArtStation
 
Old 06 June 2013   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThE_JacO
How well director unit has made those things work in the narrative past cheap pop-culture jokes though is remarkable.
It's one of the rare projects I worked on I actually also look forward to seeing in its finished state. Major juggling act.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ndeboar
Nice to see a lot of people think it's stop mo.


Some awesome work there. The trailer is hilarious! I loved Cloudy so looking forward to this one.
 
Old 06 June 2013   #12
When does it open in Oz so I can take my kids?
__________________
Education and Training Manager
Rising Sun Pictures
New courses start January 2015
 
Old 06 June 2013   #13
2014, boo. Better get back to lighting it.
 
Old 06 June 2013   #14
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGIPadawan
They could do a Michael Bay one now for example...


Are you sure you really want your kids playing with explosive Lego bricks?
 
Old 06 June 2013   #15
I really like the lighting.
 
Thread Closed share thread



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
CGSociety
Society of Digital Artists
www.cgsociety.org

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright Š2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump
Miscellaneous

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.