Old 06-27-2013, 04:28 AM   #46
CGIPadawan
Part-Time Blenderite

Giancarlo Ng
Quezon City, Philippines

Send a message via Yahoo to CGIPadawan
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantmoore3d

@CGIPadawan - Your comments are seriously making me laugh, keep the requests/suggestions coming. In the first level you're actually going to go into the subway and fight on a train, but adding in some sort of vehicle sounds awesome. I'm also thinking about designing the levels so you can take multiple paths, for example, maybe you use an explosive on the street which opens up a sewer section... or you climb to the top of a building and fight roof-top to roof-top. Stuff like that is fun and add replay value.

Yeah you can make it like a "gang war" themed kind of beat-em up? Like in some apocalyptic future where there's not enough women or something.... So you spend the whole game rescuing Damsels in Undress (I mean distress).

And all the big guns, big weapons, and other vehicles that cannot be normally found in the game are in-game purchases?

Like you can buy a TANK for like.. 200 USD.. which of course.. ruins the game balance... But if people wanna steamroll the game? That's how much it costs.

You can then close a deal with Vespa.. so you can ride Vespas around the game. Or Volvo for trucks?

And you can find bats right? Every one of these games have bats. But the bats are "upgradeable".. so you can put nails in it.

Right?

But that's not all... If you get a bat with nails.. and RIDE A MOTORBIKE! Now we're talkin'!

And then in the ending the hero has this harem in a Thunderdome like place and the ending varies depending on the number of women the hero found going through the game? Cause there's like secret hostages as well as the normal ones?

It's pointless.. sure.. but damn if that won't be fun (and funny).

Old 06-27-2013, 05:48 AM   #47
CGIPadawan
Part-Time Blenderite

Giancarlo Ng
Quezon City, Philippines

@Grant:

You know what.. I'm on a roll.. so I'll even give you the title, subtitle, and tagline:

"DEATH ROAD 3000: Street Gangs of the Future on a Highway to Hell"

Tagline: "No Law. No Leather? No Way!"

Old 06-27-2013, 07:18 AM   #48
malcolmvexxed
World's largest midget

portfolio
Stephen Broome Broome
Freelance illustrator and web designer
San Diego, USA

Send a message via Yahoo to malcolmvexxed
A few changes, the horror tone of the movie just didn't work with large heads so I switched to go towards more normal proportions and will find other areas to make things cartoony. I've done some work on the first scene where the sharecropper is hunting off his area in a desperate attempt to get some food, and rendered the first bg. I'm using the bg twice and character doesn't appear hunched over as he will in the final render, because I'd really like to focus more on testing various things that I'll be encountering. Overall sepia is giving me the old photograph look I want. Will do some more tweaks tomorrow including figuring out the tone/colors for the main characters so that they feel like a part of the "photographs". Eventually once keyframing is decent I'll go back and fine tune.

http://coalminds.com/animation/hunting.swf

Old 06-27-2013, 06:14 PM   #49
grantmoore3d
Geek Extraordinaire

portfolio
Grant Moore
Creative Director
ComboMash Entertainment
Vancouver, Canada

Some awesome news for those of us in Canada, Kickstarter will finally be officially available to us! I've been planning on starting a campaign later this year and one of the big roadblocks was figuring out the process for getting my father-in-law (US citizen) to be a "partner" so I could use Kickstarter. Now, I won't have to!

http://www.kickstarter.com/canada

@malcolmvexxed - Very cool atmosphere, the sepia definitely works in that scene. Doing a bunch of tech-tests before jumping into full production is the way to go. Learn and make mistakes now while it's not costly.

@CGIPadawan - Sounds like you've got an entire game worked out there, perhaps you should be working on a game as well?

Old 06-27-2013, 06:38 PM   #50
Frotze
Insatiable learner

portfolio
David Forest
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
Some awesome news for those of us in Canada, Kickstarter will finally be officially available to us! I've been planning on starting a campaign later this year and one of the big roadblocks was figuring out the process for getting my father-in-law (US citizen) to be a "partner" so I could use Kickstarter. Now, I won't have to!

Yeah, I've just seen this, that's some very good news! We were thinking about going the Indiegogo route, but now we might reconsider.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:11 PM   #51
RobertoOrtiz
[Forum Leader]

CGTalk Forum Leader
portfolio
Roberto Ortiz
Illustrator/ Modeler
Washington DC, USA

Send a message via MSN to RobertoOrtiz
Ok guys I am working on an Unity game between project for work.
I will posta more formal WIP thread soon.

Here is some of the concept art:

This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

Last edited by RobertoOrtiz : 06-27-2013 at 10:16 PM.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:16 PM   #52
banman7
Frequenter
portfolio
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Quote:
Some awesome news for those of us in Canada, Kickstarter will finally be officially available to us! I've been planning on starting a campaign later this year and one of the big roadblocks was figuring out the process for getting my father-in-law (US citizen) to be a "partner" so I could use Kickstarter. Now, I won't have to! http://www.kickstarter.com/canada

You should keep us posted about Kickstarter Canada! Maybe you can be one of the first projects there before it gets overcrowded.

Imagine only having to compete with 100 projects at first vs 10,000.

Keep an eye and you should try it first day it starts.
Timing is everything.

Quote:
Ok guys I am working on an Unity game between project for work. I will posta more formal WIP thread soon. Here is some of the concept art:

Congrats on joining hte party.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:26 PM   #53
malcolmvexxed
World's largest midget

portfolio
Stephen Broome Broome
Freelance illustrator and web designer
San Diego, USA

Send a message via Yahoo to malcolmvexxed
Quote:

@malcolmvexxed - Very cool atmosphere, the sepia definitely works in that scene. Doing a bunch of tech-tests before jumping into full production is the way to go. Learn and make mistakes now while it's not costly.

@CGIPadawan - Sounds like you've got an entire game worked out there, perhaps you should be working on a game as well?

Thanks, yeah you're right, if nothing else the actual animation will be just animation and I'll be able to get it done quicker after the last few months of coding and testing. I do have one more thing to work out but it's moving forward.

International money stuff is weird glad kickstarter has everything worked out. Lots of Canadian creatives have been waiting for this for comics.

Old 06-28-2013, 12:11 AM   #54
CGIPadawan
Part-Time Blenderite

Giancarlo Ng
Quezon City, Philippines

Quote:

Ooooooh... don't tempt me.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:06 PM   #55
grantmoore3d
Geek Extraordinaire

portfolio
Grant Moore
Creative Director
ComboMash Entertainment
Vancouver, Canada

Alright, I don't feel like waiting for the next update thread...I've been working on the written materials needed for a well designed pitch package. I'm focusing this package on being more an introductory to the IP, rather than focussing it specifically on game play, because I want to be able to pitch it in other mediums as well. I have a lot more finished, but figured I'd share the first page with you, which is an introductory meant to entice someone to read more about it.

Pole Force One

Elevator Pitch

Three sexy super-hero strippers, and their trusty DJ, join forces to fight for human rights and social justice.

Breif

Have you ever wanted to see a pissed off feminist stripper hurricane kick an eight foot tall, purple suit wearing pimp because heís been smacking up hoes. How about a Japanese foreign exchange student unleash her imagination on her un-suspecting foes in the form of a stream of cute, but deadly, kitties. Perhaps a dominatrix wielding demonic magic when on the cusp of death.

Welcome to the Pole Force One universe, where it takes a group of sexy super-hero strippers working together to clean up a dystopic, crime ridden and corrupt world. With the help of their trusty DJ and his mechanical genius, these girls travel the world performing top secret missions aimed at ridding the world of itís most horrible injustices. Sex slavery, violent drug lords, religious extremists and corrupt governments & corporations will all feel the wrath.

Super Powers
Super Powers are naturally dormant abilities, unique to the individual in both expression and cultivation, which any person is capable of acquiring. However, very few people manage to gain these powers due to the extreme dedication, training and practice required.

Roxie's Lounge
Roxieís Lounge is a club for gentleman and ladies alike to enjoy a few drinks in a relaxing atmosphere while beautiful women perform erotic pole dancing. It was built to provide a safe environment for the girls to dance while covering the secret training grounds to recruit new members, perfect their super powers and plan out new missions.

Technology
Technological progress has outpaced modern society thanks to contributions made by super scientists. Technology originally intended to solve world issues, such as eliminating hunger, have instead been used by governments to fuel military might and secretly disrupt foreign nations for profit by giving it to organized criminals. Super scientists around the world have gone into exile, protecting themself with their creations and helping to form resistance groups.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:30 PM   #56
redCigarette
I.

portfolio
ishan shukla
Generalist
India

Quote:
Ok guys I am working on an Unity game between project for work.
I will posta more formal WIP thread soon.

Here is some of the concept art:

Nice Roberto! Very curious to see how these characters will emerge in a game. Reminds me the designs of Blue Sky's Robots though.

Quote:
Three sexy super-hero strippers, and their trusty DJ, join forces to fight for human rights and social justice.

grantmoore3d, wow that's very different from your first project! Sounds quite fun. Now all you need is a drag queen as their arch enemy

Old 06-28-2013, 06:45 PM   #57
grantmoore3d
Geek Extraordinaire

portfolio
Grant Moore
Creative Director
ComboMash Entertainment
Vancouver, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by redCigarette
grantmoore3d, wow that's very different from your first project! Sounds quite fun. Now all you need is a drag queen as their arch enemy

Hahahah, deal. At the end of the game they will be taking down a secret global government that resides in a space station orbiting earth... I will make sure there is somehow a Drag Queen in space just for you.

And yes, this is different. I needed something to contrast my more serious side and explore the more "wacky" and "crazy" ideas I have floating around in my head.

Old 06-29-2013, 12:16 AM   #58
CGIPadawan
Part-Time Blenderite

Giancarlo Ng
Quezon City, Philippines

Quote:
Hahahah, deal. At the end of the game they will be taking down a secret global government that resides in a space station orbiting earth... I will make sure there is somehow a Drag Queen in space just for you.

And yes, this is different. I needed something to contrast my more serious side and explore the more "wacky" and "crazy" ideas I have floating around in my head.

Pole Force One is the Double Dragon thingee?

As for the Space Drag Queen I suggest - Something like this.

If you delay the reveal long enough it will have maximum effect!

Old 06-30-2013, 09:30 AM   #59
Pyke
White Zulu

portfolio
Christopher Bischoff
Lead artist & game designer.
The Brotherhood
Johannesburg, South Africa

Send a message via MSN to Pyke

STASIS Update!

I've been working on getting a fully polished a playable demo out, and been seriously looking at doing a Kickstarter Campaign to get the game as AAA like as possible, as honestly I've just run out of personal funds.

Im doing a lot of research into the 'perfect' Kickstarter Campaign...its exciting to be in gamedev at this time!

Old 07-01-2013, 01:14 AM   #60
Rez007
Expert

portfolio
Rudy Gjurkovic
Mobile Games, Digital Artist, Designer and Animator
Co-Founder of 2GMG (2 Guys Making Games) and RG3D | www.rg3d.com
Mesquite, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke
STASIS Update!

I've been working on getting a fully polished a playable demo out, and been seriously looking at doing a Kickstarter Campaign to get the game as AAA like as possible, as honestly I've just run out of personal funds.

Im doing a lot of research into the 'perfect' Kickstarter Campaign...its exciting to be in gamedev at this time!

I am hoping that works out well for you - you truly have a gem of a game. Have you ever thought of looking for a publisher? Depending on what platform you are looking to release on, a publisher might be of great value, especially with their connections. I am just speaking from a mobile side of things, but it is no coincidence that the "big players" usually always get their game featured, and those features are the defacto when it comes to sales. If LucasArts was still around, your game would be right up their alley.

Another idea I had is, have you ever thought of possibly cutting the game into "Chapters?" Releasing the first Chapter soon, might be able to provide the funding you are looking for to complete the rest of the game. It can also help then to see what feed-back you are getting too. And, most importantly, your game will be a physical commercial property, which will cover you a lot in legal areas. It is just an idea that I had, but I hope everything works out well for you. I definitely know how it feels to make a game on one's own funding - can be very stressful.

Best of luck to you!
2GMG on Twitter

Thread Closed share thread