Tom Clancy's The Division - E3 gameplay trailer

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2013   #1
Tom Clancy's The Division - E3 gameplay trailer

Higher quality: http://www.gamersyde.com/download_t...r-30184_en.html
Lower quality: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njfj6KwEAfg

Screenshots: http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.co...eens/index.aspx

From Ubisoft. To me, this looks visually much more impressive than Watch Dogs.

Site: http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-US/home/

Old 06 June 2013   #2
That's insane. Incredible attention to detail.

Old 06 June 2013   #3
I put this as the best clip from all of the stuff we've seen so far. Just amazing.

Old 06 June 2013   #4
Not only is the demo beautiful but the gameplay looks very intriguing. Really excited to hear more about this one.

Old 06 June 2013   #5
So sad this is not coming out on PC :(

Old 06 June 2013   #6
Originally Posted by grantmoore3d: Not only is the demo beautiful but the gameplay looks very intriguing.

It does, but it looks like that whole thing was a thoroughly rehearsed performance for E3 with the obvious actor voiceovers and all. I doubt the real gameplay will be that smooth.

Old 06 June 2013   #7
Originally Posted by grantmoore3d: Not only is the demo beautiful but the gameplay looks very intriguing.

I think the while the game obviously looks really good, gameplay wise it looks like cover based shooty stuff, which was 'perfected' with Gears Of War 7 years ago, and hasn't really had any innovation since.

Uninspired 'realistic' military technology that looks like current day military technology in an environment that was JUST done with the latest 2 Crysis games, and about 400 other games.

What a waste of talent. Ged'off my lawn.

Old 06 June 2013   #8
While what you say is certainly true Pkye, what interests me is that style of gameplay being put into an open-world / MMO setting. It will be interesting to see if they managed to create something unique or it ends up being the same-old-same-old.

Old 06 June 2013   #9
Originally Posted by Pyke: I think the while the game obviously looks really good, gameplay wise it looks like cover based shooty stuff, which was 'perfected' with Gears Of War 7 years ago, and hasn't really had any innovation since.

Uninspired 'realistic' military technology that looks like current day military technology in an environment that was JUST done with the latest 2 Crysis games, and about 400 other games.

What a waste of talent. Ged'off my lawn.

Gears of War did not perfect cover shooting by any stretch of imagination. Also clearly you never played Vanquish.

Old 06 June 2013   #10
Originally Posted by SheepFactory: Gears of War did not perfect cover shooting by any stretch of imagination. Also clearly you never played Vanquish.

OK, maybe perfected was too strong of a word, (and admittedly I'm not the biggest player of AAA titles) but I don't see any difference between The Division and any other cover based shooters (which as you have pointed out, have probably been better done in 'older' games).

It just seems like SUCH a waste to take a tried and done game mechanic, and set it in a done and redone gaming environment. Again.

The reason that the Assassins Creed universe is so amazing, is that it really takes the players into COMPLETELY new worlds and environments that other games didn't explore. I don't know WHY other developers haven't picked up on that (which is the cornerstone of one of the MOST successful game series ever created)?

I know Im just bitching, but its almost difficult to see such incredible artistry and talent go into something that's so...generic.

I have the same reaction when watching films (Prometheus, and Star Trek Into Darkness come to mind as prime examples of this), where there has clearly been thousands of man hours that have gone into something, that SHOULD be more than a sum of its parts, but just isnt.

Old 06 June 2013   #11
Holy Craaaaaaap!
Where are the jaggies? Best res I have ever seen if this is ingame. This clip is incredible.

Phew

Old 06 June 2013   #12
This game is much more up my alley than all the Battlefield, CoD, MoH games out there.

Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six are the thinking mans shooter and I loved GR: Future Soldier.

If this is not coming to PC Iīm gonna get a rage fit (or buy a console)

Old 06 June 2013   #13
Originally Posted by -SD-: It does, but it looks like that whole thing was a thoroughly rehearsed performance for E3 with the obvious actor voiceovers and all. I doubt the real gameplay will be that smooth.
yeah, it's eery how caned and un natural that whole video is.
I seriously doubt that you will see anything of that in the final gameplay, much like Aliens CM.

Old 06 June 2013   #14
Originally Posted by Pyke: OK, maybe perfected was too strong of a word, (and admittedly I'm not the biggest player of AAA titles) but I don't see any difference between The Division and any other cover based shooters (which as you have pointed out, have probably been better done in 'older' games).

It just seems like SUCH a waste to take a tried and done game mechanic, and set it in a done and redone gaming environment. Again.

The reason that the Assassins Creed universe is so amazing, is that it really takes the players into COMPLETELY new worlds and environments that other games didn't explore. I don't know WHY other developers haven't picked up on that (which is the cornerstone of one of the MOST successful game series ever created)?

I know Im just bitching, but its almost difficult to see such incredible artistry and talent go into something that's so...generic.

I have the same reaction when watching films (Prometheus, and Star Trek Into Darkness come to mind as prime examples of this), where there has clearly been thousands of man hours that have gone into something, that SHOULD be more than a sum of its parts, but just isnt.

For one it's a persistent open world (a.k.a MMO) which should fucking floor your goddamn panties faster than a wiggle of jack rabbits ass.

If it doesn't, you don't quite fathom what kind of awesome tech this really is.

Old 06 June 2013   #15
I'm not making up my mind yet. I'm not sold with this presentation alone.

That said... I can't believe how good those graphics are! This to me, looks even better than Battlefield 4, Metal Gear Solid V, Quantum Break, etc. The textures are extremely sharp, the shaders and lighting look very natural, the destruction is impressive and so are the particle effects. The attention to detail is astounding. I don't really understand how they can match that level of detail for every parts of the map.

Quote: GC: Donít take this the wrong way, because I think the game looks fantastic, but when did Massive suddnely become so good at graphics? How long have you been working on this?

PM: For the last couple of years we have worked on a brand new next gen engine, called Snowdrop. So currently we have 50 or 60 programmers working on the engine, so itís a big investment and itís a really fantastic engine. It looks fantastic and itís really good to work with as well. But what we have tried to do is push the graphics, so weíre pushing it with the lighting and weíre pushing it with the destruction Ė as you saw in the demo. And itís not predetermined destruction, itís actually modifying things in real-time.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/06/14/tom-c...xt-gen-3840916/

Last edited by Shletten : 06 June 2013 at 07:46 PM.

Thread Closed share thread