WATCHDOGS - E3 2013 Trailer

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2013   #1
WATCHDOGS - E3 2013 Trailer

http://vimeo.com/67988814#

Now THAT is pretty good.

Then again, the faces weren't acting much... but they didn't need to anyway.
They did get a lot of nice face poses in, and the mocap is extraordinary.

Old 06 June 2013   #2
Yea, this crazy awesome! I just saw the link that someone had posted in another thread.

The Chicago map looks pretty close to the real thing, but looks like they squished things in a little, and some buildings got taken out. Looks like the building I used to live in lost around 30 floors. Probably makes things easier to get around.

-AJ

Old 06 June 2013   #3
That wasn't in game footage was it? I guess my expectations of next gen might be a little high?

Old 06 June 2013   #4
So whose' work is this? Digic? Blur?

If it's in-game footage using Ubi's Anvil engine, then the farthest I'd take it is that they use the same method used for the "Left 4 Dead 2" cinematics with the game on unplayably high assets but with the recording played back at appropriate speed after.

Old 06 June 2013   #5
yeah, pretty nuts. That one shot of the bad guy jogging across the street at the beginning looked 100% real.

Old 06 June 2013   #6
Originally Posted by Lars3D: That wasn't in game footage was it? I guess my expectations of next gen might be a little high?

The best Neg Gen stuff will only come ut at the end of the PS4 and XBox ONE's run. Look at The Last Of Us, and compare it to the early PS3 games=the difference is massive.

Old 06 June 2013   #7
Just wished the game itself would have lighting like that. Not necessarily the polygonal details, but that kind of lighting would make wonders for the look of any a game.

Old 06 June 2013   #8
The most impressive thing in that vid: Someone actually rigged and animated a thumb correctly for once.
The rest was really slick too, but that thumb was purdy from an animation point of view.

Old 06 June 2013   #9
It's Digic, and it's all CG

Old 06 June 2013   #10
Damn, I wish that was real time but...guess not.

Old 06 June 2013   #11
Double edged sword I think. On the cusp of a new generation of machines offering heightened graphics and immersion we still rely on CG trailers to help sell it.

Cool trailer though. I hope this game delivers because it looks so good from what they've released.

Old 06 June 2013   #12
There is a 1280x720 HD version on Game Trailers if anyone hasn't see this in HD yet. It is the best cinematic I have seen to date, perhaps even beating the Capcom Deep Down demo. I also truly wish this was realtime, but to be honest, the game itself looks pretty close.

Originally Posted by Pyke: The best Neg Gen stuff will only come ut at the end of the PS4 and XBox ONE's run. Look at The Last Of Us, and compare it to the early PS3 games=the difference is massive.

I always thought Last of Us was a next generation game. The fact that it is on the current gen PS3 has me floored!
You don't need millions of dollars or major studio backing!!

Old 06 June 2013   #13
incredible! I knew right away this was digic. Their modeling, lighting and (most of all) cinematography have always made them stand out to me.
Linkedin
"You do modeling? ...but you're too ugly."

Old 06 June 2013   #14
Originally Posted by Laa-Yosh: It's Digic, and it's all CG

Fantastic work as usual... I can't help feeling you guys are now in some kind of arms' race with the boys at Blur.

Also good that you guys did it. That means the sky hasn't fallen as far as Game Engines are concerned.
But considering none of the humans are real.. I guess you guys are pulling the clouds down a bit by yourselves, eh?

I know we've had this conversation before.. But it's probably too much to ask for a weekly animated TV show to have this kind of quality?

There was a time that "Deus Ex: The Human Defiance" was under consideration for TV. And I think this is how I would have wanted to see it.

Old 06 June 2013   #15
You shouldn't ask us for more, longer movies, but those who could finance it.

Although 20-25 minutes per week is terrifying, Axis had a hundred people on Spartan Ops and they needed about a year for those 45 minutes or so. And don't forget to include them in the arms race

Also, second AC4 trailer link coming as soon as it's uploaded officially, in HD.

Thread Closed share thread