What happened to R&H KL?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2013   #1
What happened to R&H KL?

Someway somehow I went to vfxsoldier website, and one of the comment there says that Kuala Lumpur have been removed from Rhythm website, which when I visit, is true.

Does anyone know what happened? You can private message me if you like.

I know, I'm from KL but I was never in the industry and don't have much insider access, except for few company heads I don't want to bother them about the issue (not that we close anyway). I google around but there wasn't much mentions.

Anyone?

Old 05 May 2013   #2
Something to do with the bankruptcy related restructuring maybe? Things are moving so fast these days that it's sometimes hard to tell a system issue from an internal business related one. Could be any number of reasons, most of which are likely none of our business. Could be nothing. Who knows?

Old 05 May 2013   #3
Originally Posted by cookepuss: Something to do with the bankruptcy related restructuring maybe? Things are moving so fast these days that it's sometimes hard to tell a system issue from an internal business related one. Could be any number of reasons, most of which are likely none of our business. Could be nothing. Who knows?

The thing is that back then it was mentioned that the way it was set up, the only problem was with R&H LA (hence the only layoff is there) - you know, like how some of Trump business become bankrupt but doesn't affect others or main company.

But suddenly - it was gone from the main page. No news articles or anything. The comment mentioned that the news is out on May 20. Maybe some info will be on the internet in these few days...

Old 05 May 2013   #4
RH Malaysia has always been a separate company. So they've decided to go on their own after RH is bought by Prana

Old 05 May 2013   #5
It is still around. last I heard, they are courting investors.

Old 05 May 2013   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread