The State of the VFX Business

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2013
The State of the VFX Business

Hi,

I'm Alex, student at Stuttgart Media University (Germany) and Iím writing my master thesis which is a scientific analysis of the current state the VFX industry is in. My goal is to explain what the current situation of VFX filmmaking is (more on the general structures, less on technological breakthroughs), what important factors have an influence on someone working in the business (artists and facilities alike) and how it has developed

Therefore, Iím trying to gather as many opinions and points of view as I can get. And I assume some of you might have one or two opinions about it. I would be very grateful if you wanted to share them with me.
Some of the questions are:
Do you chase work around the world? How often? Did those places have tax incentives?
Is fixed bidding an adequate way of pricing this kind of work? Why or why not? Do you use a different pricing system?

You can post them here or if you donít want to tell them publicly, you can send me an email at:
a (dot) wlk (at) web (dot) de
I would very much like to hear from you and start a conversation about what works and what is broken in the VFX industry.

Here is a summary of topics I want to discuss in my thesis. Take a look if you like. And when you think Iíve missed a crucial point of this matter, please let me know.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fy6hngpp2...Wlk_Summary.pdf

Thanks in advance

05 May 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread