Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 05-16-2013, 03:37 PM   #1
PhilipeaNguyen
Frequenter
portfolio
Philip E.A. Nguyen
Philadelphia, USA

Petition against Adobe

There is a petition to stop Adobe from eliminating software sales. If you do not want to or even think you may not want to pay $600 per year FOREVER for the privilege of using Adobe software consider signing the petition.

Petition Against SUBSCRIPTION ONLY BUSINESS MODEL from Adobe.

Old 05-16-2013, 04:20 PM   #2
darthviper107
Expert

portfolio
Zachary Brackin
3D Artist
Precocity LLC
Dallas, USA

I'm sure this will be super effective.

Old 05-16-2013, 04:30 PM   #3
johnnyh66
Lord of the posts

portfolio
John Hernandez
CGI Manager
Mundocom
Chicago, United States

that's why I finally broke down and bought the CS6 suite... so I own it forever. (or until I upgrade computers again!)

Old 05-16-2013, 04:48 PM   #4
hypercube
frontier psychiatrist

portfolio
Daryl Bartley
vfx goon / gfx ho
hypercube
Los Angeles, USA

They can't hear you over the sound of everyone still continuing to use their stuff, angrily or not.

They've essentially got a monopoly on certain applications at their price point and they know it.

Hell, they've already got a lot of other people convinced this subscription bullshit is a GREAT thing. Or buying CS6 in a rush, when they can make it obsolete for interoperability any time they feel like. They'll continue to press their advantage, and it's going to suck.

By all means raise a ruckus, there deserves to be as much ruckus as possible about and against this, but I don't think they will budge an inch. They're like the Phone Company from the old days, they don't care and they don't have to.

Old 05-16-2013, 05:06 PM   #5
webhead
Expert

Don't know if it will do any good, but I signed it. I also plan to hold off on any upgrades for as long as I can. I switched from FCP to Adobe's Production Suite when FCPX came out, because Adobe offered me a good deal. I am sorely tempted to switch back now, because of this Cloud nonsense, and because FCPX has developed into a very good program. I will gladly let Adobe know why I am switching back to FCPX should I do so. At least, I think I can avoid having to upgrade my Production Suite for a couple years. Their upgrades usually don't offer all that much in the way of must have features anyway.

Old 05-16-2013, 05:44 PM   #6
Ivan D Young
Expert
Ivan D
Central Fl, USA

maybe the petition is a good idea. They have not rolled out the whole the Cloud yet and already some folks are stuck without a sync connection. just a taste of the future?

http://helpx.adobe.com/support.html?promoid=JZEFP

Just wait til everyone is on there, surely it will work better than this. The funny part, my Perpetuity license does not have such Sync issues.

Still not too late to back out of this. just cause the coke is new... eh you get the idea.

Old 05-16-2013, 06:01 PM   #7
grantmoore3d
Geek Extraordinaire

portfolio
Grant Moore
Creative Director
ComboMash Entertainment
Vancouver, Canada

I actually really like the cloud service as it's exactly what I need right now. However, I think having the option to outright purchase a version of the software still seems like a reasonable option for their customers.

Old 05-16-2013, 08:44 PM   #8
Bullit
Expert

This is not cloud anything - cloud is just obfuscation at this time- it is just a change from selling which mean the owner can use the product until he dies - to renting where he have to pay for his whole life.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:52 PM   #9
AJ1
User

CGTalk Forum Leader
portfolio
A J
Indiana, USA

Hey man,

Its a free market economy. If you don't like the product, the best thing you can do is to not buy it. People have been getting along with the older versions of CS just fine, so I don't think there are any "must haves" in CS6.

-AJ

Old 05-16-2013, 10:30 PM   #10
hypercube
frontier psychiatrist

portfolio
Daryl Bartley
vfx goon / gfx ho
hypercube
Los Angeles, USA

The point belabored muchly in the other CCloud thread is that a lot of us have to hand work around between places, and they've managed to make each version's files different enough (of any number of CS apps) so that you can't read the new stuff every time. It's subscribe or potentially lose work at a certain point.

I guess it will just be down to that and will deal with it, but it's the way they will have everyone over the proverbial barrel that really grates on me.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:31 PM   #11
ThE_JacO
MOBerator-X

CGSociety Member
portfolio
Raffaele Fragapane
That Creature Dude
Animal Logic
Sydney, Australia

Sorry guys, but this is getting ridiculous.
There's a very active, informative and well discussed thread in news that already discussed all THREE of the threads posted in the last 24h in GD.
They all pertain to the same subject, so please take it to one of the other threads or just read them for these old news

Free Maya Nodes

Thread Closed share thread