STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS Reviews: An Enterprising Film Sure To Energize Fans!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2013
Hooowwdddyy

I wish they would tone down the effects and melodrama and focus more on fleshing out the story. This seems like a limp-wristed attempt at making a blockbuster.

05 May 2013
Just come back from the Cinema from watching it. It was bloody amazing.

I think some of the so called experts on this site need to get a bloody grip, action was great, acting was good, story was ok, wtf do people think everything needs to be Shakespeare or something?, or that anything with so much talk and so called over method acting is great. The chemistry between everyone was amazing. This was much better than the reboot imo.

I think some people on this site need to take of their bloody nitpicking glasses, its like my old teacher at Esacpe studios. He said he couldnever enjoy movies, because he could do was find holes in them from a vfx view, story etc, and he said he hated that.

TAKE OF THE BLOODY GLASSES!!.

05 May 2013
Why was it so good? Besides the action and stuff. What particularly stood out that made you cry out, Man this is Bloody amazing? Was it better than the original Star Trek movies?

05 May 2013
Originally Posted by doubledex: Why was it so good? Besides the action and stuff. What particularly stood out that made you cry out, Man this is Bloody amazing? Was it better than the original Star Trek movies?

Well for first i didnt go in already thinking jj abrams (mod edit) over star trek and he sucks, secondly i didnt go in thinking I needed to nitpick over everything. I liked this star wars because all the actors played of well against each other, The story felt ok, man out for a revenge whats wrong with that? He did it in a way that gave the guy a human side and a reallyt dark side. Spook and kirk played of excellent against each other. The vfx shots were amazing, the small iof the Klingon war which is most likely what the third film is going to be ased around was ok etc etc. The guy that played Khan was magnificent, and so was the acting of the guy that played spook and kirk. The bit where kirk died, you could actually feel something for spook etc. Sorry but this spoks and kirks chemistry on screen actually goes well

The original star trek movies were no bloody different to this. I mean wtf was the original star trek some shakespearean masterpiece where they were all great method actors? I mean jesus they were good movies for their time, and so is this one. Yes this may have more action etc, because they can pull stuff of now that they couldnt, so obviously the director will take advantage of huge explosions a d planets and action scenes.

Jesus the first movie played as one big vfx ship, and there would be alot of people saying its nothing like the series. The fact that abrams took the stroy and actually injected some bloody life into a frthats been bloody awful for years now should be a good thing, but no we have whining nerds on here screaming for hell.

Last edited by Kanga : 05 May 2013 at 08:48 PM.

05 May 2013
Originally Posted by mitcoz: Well for first i didnt go in already thinking jj abrams (mod edit) over star trek and he sucks, secondly i didnt go in thinking I needed to nitpick over everything. I liked this star wars because all the actors

That typo is actually telling a lot more about you than the movie, y'know.

- Major Garland Briggs
TWIN PEAKS

Last edited by Kanga : 05 May 2013 at 08:49 PM.

05 May 2013
Most people would consider quality over quantity any day, so they're first instinct is to reject whatever happens to be the same ole, same ole, however, everyone is entitled to their opinion. If you liked the movie, that's fine too.

05 May 2013
Originally Posted by trevanian: That typo is actually telling a lot more about you than the movie, y'know.

haha:P oh no a typo whatever shall we do. Saying star wars after saying star trek means everything in the world dosnt it, omg nobody is allowed to like this star trek because all the jj abrams haters.

05 May 2013
Originally Posted by mitcoz: Just come back from the Cinema from watching it. It was bloody amazing.

I think some of the so called experts on this site need to get a bloody grip, action was great, acting was good, story was ok, wtf do people think everything needs to be Shakespeare or something?, or that anything with so much talk and so called over method acting is great. The chemistry between everyone was amazing. This was much better than the reboot imo.

I think some people on this site need to take of their bloody nitpicking glasses, its like my old teacher at Esacpe studios. He said he couldnever enjoy movies, because he could do was find holes in them from a vfx view, story etc, and he said he hated that.

TAKE OF THE BLOODY GLASSES!!.

So do the nitpicking glasses look any different from the glasses that let a nearsighted viewer see the IMAX details? Or is it better to see the movie out of focus, because you shouldn't look too carefully at a movie, god forbid it looks sharp -- or sounds like it has a brain in its head.

- Major Garland Briggs
TWIN PEAKS

05 May 2013
Originally Posted by mitcoz: haha:P oh no a typo.

I don't honestly consider it a typo, given the tastes of the filmmaker and his stated preference for STAR WARS over TREK. What is appealing to you is probably the STAR WARSification of TREK, and that carried over when you typed the post.

- Major Garland Briggs
TWIN PEAKS

05 May 2013
Originally Posted by trevanian: I don't honestly consider it a typo, given the tastes of the filmmaker and his stated preference for STAR WARS over TREK. What is appealing to you is probably the STAR WARSification of TREK, and that carried over when you typed the post.

God bloody god the tin foil hats really have come out now havnt they?. Jesus all mighty. Cant anyone just fuucking enjoy this film? I wasnt even thinking about Star wars, and it was a bloody typo. Do you bloody understand that, or is your tin foil hat getting in the way of your logical thinking? I have probably watched more DS9, voyager and SNG than you have bloody shitted mate. So dont talk to me about Star trek. I have probably watched the most meaningful star trek ever made inDS9 then you can bloody count. Star trek DS9 is probably the greatest star trek ever made whether it be movie or series, so I dont really give a flying fuck waht you think. I liked this film. And if it means that in your Tin foil hat world it means I liked the "SO CALLED STAR WARSIFICATION" then so be it.

Last edited by mitcoz : 05 May 2013 at 06:39 PM.

05 May 2013
Why does everyone hate JJ Abrams?

05 May 2013
Originally Posted by mitcoz: God bloody god the tin foil hats really have come out now havnt they?. Jesus all mighty. Cant anyone just fuucking enjoy this film? I wasnt even thinking about Star wars, and it was a bloody typo. Do you bloody understand that, or is your tin foil hat getting in the way of your logical thinking?

I've already stated my opinion of your post, and then very plainly elaborated on it.

As is often said in many internet forums, it should be about content, not the poster, though if the content informs what one thinks of the poster, well ...

I have not specifically called you a moron for liking TREK or WARS. When namecalling is in order, I'm sure I'd be up to the task. And when that happens, I certainly hope you're ready for something a little more piercing than your 'tin foil hat' snipe.

EDIT ADDON, in response to your edited post: If you've watched much of VOYAGER or LIL ENTERPRISE, then you probably have seen a greater variety of the TREK brand than I have, because if I see enough of something that is crap, I stop watching (haven't gotten through about 20 TNG eps either.) I've seen a ton of TOS because I think Gene L. Coon (not Roddenberry) was a humanitarian genius and really made the show into something memorable.

The only Trek I've liked since TOS is DS9, which deals with issues in a far more realistic fashion than any other TREK. Sorry to have overlapped likes with you in any way shape or form, since that would mean we might actually have some of the same aluminum wrap in each of our houses.

- Major Garland Briggs
TWIN PEAKS

Last edited by trevanian : 05 May 2013 at 06:48 PM. Reason: response to other party's edited post

05 May 2013
Originally Posted by trevanian: I've already stated my opinion of your post, and then very plainly elaborated on it.

As is often said in many internet forums, it should be about content, not the poster, though if the content informs what one thinks of the poster, well ...

I have not specifically called you a moron for liking TREK or WARS. When namecalling is in order, I'm sure I'd be up to the task. And when that happens, I certainly hope you're ready for something a little more piercing than your 'tin foil hat' snipe.

Sure thing Shakespeare. Oh your so cool. Sorry I don't know how to express myself in such an eloquent Shakespearean way as yourself. I am just a peasant. You obviously are 100x better than me. I bow down to you my dear sir. My use of the nae Star wars has obviously well informed you on alot of things, and your have already jumped to your conclusion, so there is nothing further to discuss with you Sherlock. Because your powers of deduction are way over my peon brain.

05 May 2013
This thread is turning into a monty python sketch.

Cant we all just get along, and agree that it was rubbish.

05 May 2013
Originally Posted by Tama: As one reviewer puts it,

"A bad cover of your favorite song."

full review here

Lots of lulz in that review.

'"Apologists for the 2009 film are a little like people who praise the calligraphic finesse of someone’s handwriting, ignoring that the words on the page are “f**k you”.'

Last edited by kelgy : 05 May 2013 at 07:45 PM.

Thread Closed share thread